Crush It

I wake up to an empty bed at 6 in the morning. Walking sleepily into the kitchen, I find my wife pacing in the kitchen in her pajamas, muttering to herself.

"Do I even want to know?" I wonder, and she starts.

"Gods, Percy. You scared me. Sorry, I'm freaking out. I have this presentation at work today and I've been up since 4 stressing about it. This is either going to make or break my career and I can't afford to mess it up." Annabeth is practically hyperventilating. I stand behind her and rub her shoulders.

"You are going to crush it. You're Annabeth freaking Jackson, you got this!" I tell her encouragingly. Her breathing returns to normal and she turns around.

"Ugh Percy, what if I get up there and freeze?" She mumbles, burying her face in my chest.

"Not possible. You've literally looked hell in the face and told it to fuck off, a bunch of corporate people can't be any worse than that." I tell her. She laughs softly at my attempt to lighten the mood.

"You should write motivational posters." She jokes. I steer her back to our bedroom because the both of us don't need to actually be up for work for another hour and there are better things I can think of doing than standing around in the kitchen, like sleeping. We crawl into bed and I pull her against my chest, wrapping my arm around her torso to keep her close. I think to myself about how we didn't think I would even make it to 16, yet here we are, 10 years later. Despite not liking the gods, I can't help but thank them for giving me my Annabeth.

Just a little head cannon I thought of and wanted to write down!

Hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXOXO,

G