| 2 |

Tapping his finger lightly on the wooden desk, Kaede sighed as he tried to figure out a way to quench his boredom. He sat at Kyoya's desk, which was placed near the entrance, but not close enough to make it seem tacky. If anything, it was out of the way yet it was easily noticeable.

Kyoya bent forward slightly next to him and adjusted his laptop so he could view it better. He typed away on the keyboard, he took a break every few seconds to click on certain tabs. Kaede turned his head to look at the raven haired boy and raised an eyebrow in question. Kyoya did appear out of nowhere. "I could have moved," he said lightly. "It's not like I was doing anything anyways."

Kyoya gave him a halfhearted shrug and continued to type away, "I don't mind. I was just needing to look up something." Kaede hummed and maneuvered himself so he could watch what his friend was doing. He didn't have anything to do and this could turn out to be interesting.

Kaede's eyebrows furrowed as he seen several different tabs on the screen, "is there a certain reason as to why you're stalking people via camera now? Like, I get it, you're the demon king and you like reaping souls, but this is a little excessive." Kyoya scoffed at the input, slightly offended.

"I presume you haven't noticed the tension then."

"I've been here trying not to fall asleep. I don't really have anything to do at the moment since it's the beginning of the year. What are you getting at?"

Kyoya wrote down what seemed to be a small reminder before he pointed his pen at the screen and turned his head to look at the confused boy next to him. "It seems that we've acquired a slight bullying situation and it needs to be resolved immediately."

Kaede sneered slightly as he looked at the screen. Kyoya looked slightly taken back at the sudden change in Kaede's demeanor, but quickly schooled his expression back to what it was beforehand. Kaede glanced around the screen, he tried to put the pieces together as he noticed all of the little details of the scenarios.

He glanced up at Kyoya, his face void of any emotions. "Haruhi ran off earlier after she looked out of that window over there," he gestured to a specific window and continued. "It's safe to assume that she's out their now. If I correctly recall, there's a fountain a few yards away from the building. This person must have done something to Haruhi's belongings."

The corner of Kyoya's lips quirked up in a small, yet dangerous smirk. "It seems you've been noticing things after all." Kaede rolled his eyes and and reached for the laptop's mouse. "You have way too little of faith in me, Kyo," he murmured as he saved the evidence to the usb drive that was currently being used.

"Going somewhere?" Kyoya inquired as Kaede stood up and took out the drive. The Akiyama heir gave him a sly grin as he tossed the drive up and snatched it from the air as it fell, "I'm going to go visit some dear friends of mine. I'm sure they'd love to help with the cause." Kyoya rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in a relaxed manner, "you have ten minutes. Make them count."

Kaede gave a salute as he walked out, "Rodger that, momma dearest."

Kyoya looked up as a thick envelope was tossed onto his desk in front of him, startled yet the emotions in his eyes made him seem relieved. "Five minutes. It seems that you're getting faster at this." Kaede let out a quiet laugh as he perched on the arm of Kyoya's seat, "oh please, you and I both know that I took my time." He watched as Kyoya tilted his head and made a hand motion that said 'what can I say'.

Kaede looked over to the table where Haruhi and her predator sat. He couldn't hear the conversation, but he figured that it was about to start going downhill. Haruhi's guest, after all, was starting to dabble in the hysterics department.