Chapter 7- Servant or Friend?

Hey you guys. It was hectic yesterday, but I hope you enjoy!

Recap...

His eyes were cold and his soul was pained as he towered over me with a smirk. “You don’t know anything yet.”

With a swipe of his hand, I was back in the throne room.

Chapter 7

Forty-five minutes passed before I was suddenly pulled out of my body and on the rainbow bridge, my body left an empty vessel for the time being. Loki was walking over to Heimdall, who stood his ground in front of the Bifrost.

“So tell me Loki; how did you get the Jotuns into Asgard?”

“You think the Bifrost is the only way in and out of this realm? There are secret paths between worlds to which even you with all your gifts are blind, but I have need of them no longer now that I am king. And I say, for your act of treason, you are relieved of your duties as gatekeeper and no longer citizen of Asgard!”

“No! Stop! Loki!” I yelled helplessly.

“Then I need no longer obey you.” Heimdall unsheathed his sword and swung at Loki, but it was of no use. Loki pulled out the Casket of Eternal Winter and used it against Heimdall, Loki’s Jotun form coming into play. The guardian couldn’t get near Loki before he was frozen.

Heimdall!” I screamed before collapsing to my knees and sobbing, the tears falling down onto the throne room floor miles away.

Using his Magic, Loki hid the casket back in the vault. As he entered the Bifrost he told me, “You shouldn’t be so concerned for him. The worst has yet to come.”

I choked back my sobs so I could glare up at him. “I don’t know who you are anymore, but I hate you.” He flinched, which brought a bit of a sadistic grin to my face. “Hurts doesn’t it? All those things you’ve ever said to me…What I said doesn’t even compare.

He growled and made his way to the center of the Bifrost. Using his magic, he brought the Destroyer. With his scepter, he sent the Destroyer to Midgard where mass destruction was sure to occur. “It doesn’t matter. I’m about to be the most beloved man in the kingdom, anyways.” With his back to me, he waved his hand in front of him and sent me back to my own physical being. He followed soon enough and went straight to the front of his throne.

He flicked up his fingers and now opened a window so he was able to control the Destroyer as he landed in Midgard. Before the beast was an average looking brown-haired man who at least appeared a bit short in the picture with a bald, darker man like Heimdall of the same height with glasses.

“Is that one of Stark’s?” the bald one asked.

“I don’t know. The guy never tells me anything.” The brown haired one said as he grabbed a white devise that resembled a horn. “Hello. You are using unregistered weapons technology. Identify yourself.” He spoke through the horn. I watched Loki roll his eyes and before I knew what he was doing, the men were running and fire was shooting towards them.

“NO! LOKI, STOP!” I screamed. I began running towards him, but didn’t make it far.

“Guards, hold her still.” The men grabbed my arms, holding me back as I screamed.

I screamed as I watched him shooting at the poor Midgardians who were unfortunately in the wrong place. I tried telling him that they had nothing to do with any of this, but he didn’t listen. He even made to kill Lady Sif and the Warriors Three- his friends.

Eventually, Sif was hiding behind a hooded, horseless cart and Thor, covered in Midgardian garments, was obviously telling her to go. They’d both just managed to get away before Loki shot at them. As Thor’s friends all walked away, Thor went towards the destroyer with not even a shield. He was completely mortal, but he cared so much about the other people’s lives that he would sacrifice himself.

I stopped fighting for a moment, completely in shock. Midgard had helped him so much. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It didn’t last long, though. I fought harder than before, yelling far louder. “LOKI, DON’T YOU DARE! DON’T. YOU. DARE!”

As Thor spoke, Loki sat and thought on his words. “Brother, whatever I have done to wrong you, whatever I have done to lead you to do this, I am truly sorry. But please, these people are innocent. Taking their lives will gain you nothing.”  I heard the Destroyer’s blaster firing up before Thor said, “So take mine… and end this.” Loki waited a moment before setting his hand down on the arm of the chair, turning off the Destroyer. He then stood and turned around, walking in place for a step. I felt relief wash through me and I smiled. It didn’t last long, however. He turned and hit Thor with all his strength, causing the prince to fly back several feet.

“THOR! NO!” I screamed as I fought to break free. Loki didn’t hold any sort of regret; he merely glanced at me emotionlessly as I fell to my knees. Water fell down my cheeks as I grieved the loss of my friend, Loki’s own brother.

Loki stepped forward to make sure Thor was dead. When he knew for sure Thor was gone, he walked back to his throne and the Destroyer walked back to where he’d be picked up to come back to Asgard. But, right as Loki made it back to his throne, lightning struck. He turned around and we saw Thor holding Mjolnir once more. I smiled and my tears of grief became that of joy as we watched Thor gain back his armor and all.

Loki tried to destroy him before it was too late, but too bad for him it already was. Before he could even fire, he received a hammer to the face, which got called right back and hit the other side. At this point, Thor conjured up a storm so large that the Destroyer was lifted from his feet. Loki tried to fire at Thor several times, only for it to be stopped by Mjolnir. With his last try, Loki’s firing ended up being the destruction of the Destroyer.

To Loki’s irritation, I was cheering for Thor the whole time.

Since Loki had lost his best weapon, his transported himself back to the Bifrost. I looked up to the guard on my right with a cocked brow. “He’s gone. You gonna let me go now?” He looked to his fellow guard and nodded at him, so they let me go. I stretched real fast and let myself relax for a moment before I finally looked outside to see something getting brought by the bridge. “What?”

I snapped my fingers and put myself at the entrance right as Loki told a group of Frost Giants, “Welcome to Asgard.” I gasped and stumbled back. Loki looked at me, a hint of fear in his eyes. “What are you doing here?” he asked, clearly feeling a slight bit of horror. The tallest of the Jotuns began to make his way to me, obviously meaning to kill me off, but Loki put himself between us. “Laufey, I ask you not harm her. She is alright. I was just surprised to see her.”

“L-Laufey?” I asked. Loki looked at me, pleading for my help. I understood what his new plan was. “Loki, this is…This is a new low. Even for this new you, and I just watched you kill your own brother.” Loki looked slightly less panicked now that I was playing along. Normally, anyone could have noticed that I was lying, but I wasn’t. For a few seconds, Thor seriously was dead.

Laufey looked pleased. “So the Odinson is dead.”

“Yes. He’s out of the way.” Loki told him, lying through his teeth. “Now, let’s go kill Odin.” He turned and as he passed by me, he turned my around and had an arm at my waist. As Laufey ordered his two men to stay at the entrance to the Bifrost, Loki whispered in my ear, “Play. Along. If you don’t, you will end up dead and I’d rather that didn’t happen.”

“I’m no better than the others. Why keep me?”

“I like you more. Now be quiet.”

As we walked away with the Jotuns standing guard and Laufey following us, I heard the ice that covering Heimdall cracking. This caused a light smile to cover my features. We had a chance.