Chapter 6- Servant or Friend?

So, just in case anyone was wondering, this is a fanfiction, so I own nothing. If I did own something, would I be making fanfiction?

End disclaimer and here's a little

Recap...

We began to do the basic steps and I felt a bit excited to know that I knew at least the very basics of waltz now. I’d never gotten to learn before, so this was a nice change. Finally learning something not pertaining to the job… It felt good. The nagging in my mind didn’t cease, however. I doubted it ever would.

Chapter 6

We’d danced for five minutes before he stopped and let me go. He walked to the railing and watched for a moment, waiting expectantly for what we both knew would happen. A couple of minutes passed and a beam of light emitted from the Bifrost. As he stalked back inside, he grabbed my arm roughly and dragged me behind him.

He tossed me to the nearest guards. “Guards, hold her here.”

“What?” I asked.

His cold, unwavering gaze landed on me. “You should feel lucky that I don’t have you executed this moment for treason.”

“But-!”

His patience dwindled more. “I understand that you probably thought that whatever you did was for the best which I why I’m not having you killed, but there must be some punishment. For now; guards, throw her in a cell.”

The guards began to drag me away, but I wasn’t finished. “Loki, I didn’t do anything I swear! I had it planned that even before the to-be king was announced that if you became king  I’d have the kitchen make your favorites and I’d bring it to you and… I don’t know. I just, I thought…You’re the closest thing I have to family and I…I wanted to do something for you after all you’ve done for me!”

He motioned for the guards to stop before walking towards me. “Did you know they were going?”

I gulped. “It…it was not for certain. I knew Heimdall wanted them.”

He nodded and I could see the anger for me lessen but for Heimdall grow. “Hold her here. There is something I’ll want her to see.” He then left the throne room to who-knows-where. I prayed that the worst case scenarios didn’t occur.

xxx

I spent about ten minutes trying to remember the words that would take me out of my body (in a way) and let me go anywhere unnoticed. It was a more difficult spell and only once had I been able to properly do it myself. Of course, when you’re as experienced in magic as Loki, you can do spells like this without hardly thinking about it. I always envied him for that.

Having finally remembered how to move my mind so that I could be anywhere, I took myself to where Loki was. I was sure to also put up a spell so that my presence would not be known to anyone, despite the energy it took for two simultaneous spells.. I found Loki as he entered the room the casket of eternal winter was held and moved in with him. He called out the Destroyer. He looked horrifyingly sinister…well, for him. I couldn’t help want to cry at his rage.

“Be sure my brother does not return.” He ordered the metal beast. “Destroy everything.”

“No…” I whispered. The Destroyer then felt my presence and blasted fire at me. Since it was not my physical body, it did no harm to me, except show what I was doing.

“Feel free to watch, you spineless wench, because all that you hold dear is about to die before your eyes!”

I let “myself” be shown to him so he could see my sincerely mournful expression. “It already has. This is the path you’ve chosen for yourself and the action you chose to take. You are the dearest thing to me and inside…you’re dead. This path will lead to nothing good and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. So do not tell me that what I hold dear is about to die because I already watched it happen because of greed and lust for power.”

His eyes were cold and his soul was pained as he towered over me with a smirk. “You don’t know anything yet.”

With a swipe of his hand, I was back in the throne room.