Chapter 3 -Servant or Friend?

OH my gosh! Thank you for the votes! Sorry this is so late, been crazy bsy. Anywho, here you go!

Chapter 3

The next night, I stood by the door the gang hung out in with five goblets and two pitchers, one for water the other for wine. The warriors three and Sif were scattered about the couches and Loki stood in the back.

“We should have never let him go.” Volstagg announced angrily.

“There was no stopping him.” Sif reminded.

“At least he’s been banished, not dead, which is what we’d all be if that guard hadn’t told them where we’d gone.” Fandral added as Hogun put ointment on Volstagg’s arm where a Jotun had touched him. I noticed that Loki studied his hand, but I refused to ask why. Yet.

Volstagg seemed curiously annoyed about the guard. “How did the guard even know?” While he’d been asking, I felt my insides die a bit and Loki quickly glanced at me.

“I told him.” Loki said in all seriousness. Shock filled me and I stared in confusion.

“What?” Volstagg asked.

“I told him to go to Odin after we’d left.” Loki stated casually. “He should be flogged for having taken so long. We should never have reached Jotunheim.”

You told the guard?!” Volstagg yelled at him.

“I saved our lives. And Thor’s. I had no idea father would banish him for what he did.” What it felt like to me he was saying: You saved our lives. And Thor’s. You had no idea Thor would be banished. It’s alright.

Sif stood from her place and walked up to him. “Loki, you must go to the All-Father and convince him to change his mind.”

“And if I do, then what? I love Thor more dearly than any of you, but you know what he is. He’s arrogant, reckless, he’s dangerous! You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from its king?” He stalked off and as his maidservant and friend, I knew to follow. I put the tray on a nearby bench inside the room so they could still drink if they pleased, but I still followed.

“He may speak of the good of Asgard, but he’s always been jealous of Thor.” Sif whispered as I was in the doorway. I turned my head and glared slightly before going after Loki.

xxx

I was down four hallways before I was able to catch up with Loki. “Loki. Loki!”

“Leave me be, Astrid. I am going somewhere past your jurisdiction.”

“I can go anywhere in the castle as long as I’m with you.”

He stopped and looked at me. “Please.” He told me in a begging tone. “Please just…stay here.”

“Loki…” I shook my head. “You went into Jotunheim virtually alone and something happened. I don’t want to leave you this time.”

He sighed. “You are to stay in the back and do not make a single sound.” With that, he turned his back to me and continued walking. When we reached the room which held the Casket of a Thousand Winters, my heart dropped.

“Loki…What are you…?”

“Not a word.” He ordered before the guards let us in. As my orders were, I stuck to the back as he walked towards the casket. He picked it up by the handles and just stared at it. It didn’t take long before the door opened again to reveal Odin.

“Stop!” he yelled, but Loki just stood there.

“Am I cursed?” he asked.

“No.”