21

She grabbed her black leather jacket and slipped it over her red tank top before climbing down towards the kitchen where his dad was happily waiting for her to join.

"Hey, dad."

"Little one, you are here!"

"How many times do I have to tell you dad, I am not little anymore!"

"I think, a gazillion times more."

She shook her head and started eating her crumbled eggs while sipping the orange juice in between. She was completely oblivious to the stares her dad was giving her across the table. It was all still very new and refreshing for him. It has not even been a total of two weeks since she started behaving more like her old self. Her dad was still getting used to seeing his daughter act normal.

It was the first times in three years, he saw her this happy and he was so not going to ruin it by asking her, 'Why sudden change in mood?' For the first time in three years, he got a call from her school complaining about how she punched a guy and he couldn't be any more ecstatic. He fake apologized the principal, but fist bumped in the air straight after ending the call.

He really missed his daughter.

But now, she was back, stronger than ever, ready to take her original place.

Once she was done with breakfast, she kissed her dad in the forehead and bid him goodbye as it was time for her to reach school. She grabbed her keys to Black Porche, swung her bag pack over her shoulder and walked out. Not even ten minutes later, she was standing outside the gates of Wingston High.

Even though it has not even been a total of five minutes since she has stepped foot inside the school, she can totally sense something strange in the air. She just had this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. She shrugged away the thought by telling herself that the worse that could happen, already happened three years back when she lost her mom. Nothing more worse could happen now.

She continued walking the corridors and stopped before her locker. Just as she opened the locker, she was met with a familiar and her favourite smell of White Peonies. This was the first time in three years, someone has actually did something sweet for her, apart from her dad. She glanced at the peonies to look for any clue, any name which can help her know her secret admirer.

She closed the locker and saw a pair of eyes looking at her with fear in their eyes. She was usually not this grumpy and didn't usually carry this dark aura, unless of course, required, but because of the approach of a certain someone, not even two days back after all these three years of hell, made her blood boil with rage.

"What?" She spat angrily at the poor soul, not so poor actually because she damn hard remembered him throwing some mean comments her way.

He passed her the letter and ran away quickly across the hall. She looked at the letter weirdly before finally opening it and reading the contents. She immediately recognised the handwriting of the sender even though there was no name mentioned.

It was from the person she loathed the most.

She crumbled the paper in her fist and stomped towards the school garden ready to knock some sense into him. For three years, he decided not to contact her in any way or form and now, he was trying to barge into her life like nothing was wrong.

'He is so going to get it today.' She thought.

As soon as she entered the garden, she was met with the lingering smell of White Peonies. They were everywhere. Her eyes took every detail in with a huge smile which quickly vanished as her eyes met his.

"Chel—"

"Save it." She replied, ready to turn and walk away when he stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"Atleast hear me out."

"Two minutes. You have two minutes to spit whatever there is to, but remember this, I am not going to forgive you. Ever."

"Chelsea, I did it for you!"

"What? Abandoning me when I needed you the most? You knew I had no one except for you and still you decided to stab me with a knife?!"

"She was going to humiliate you."

"Like she hasn't already."

"You don't understand!"

"Then make me understand Brad because that's what I have been trying to understand for three years now! Why all of a sudden my best friend fucking ditched me for someone who was trying to make me end my life. "

"She threatened me that if I won't leave you then she will post your mom's last picture in every tile of the school."

Her mom's last picture instantly came in her mind. How weak she was looking in that stupid hospital gown with tubes attached everywhere. Oh, how badly she wanted to erase that picture from her brain.

"Not a good enough reason, Brad."

"I wanted to save you."

"I think that would have been easily done if you would have just grown a pair of balls and stay with me then mysteriously disappearing from my life!"

"I am sorry."

She remained quiet for a few moment, just staring at him and trying to see the sincerity in his eyes. She was not in the mood of stupid pranks. His brown eyes were glistening with unshed tears as he looked at her with apology written everywhere on his face.

"Why now?"

"Never got the courage before."

"What happened suddenly?"

"I met a girl named Honey and she told me to try to apologise to you."

Her brain worked instantly on mentioning of a girl named Honey. Each and every conversation repeated in her brain and if she was not angry then, she was definitely angry now. He knew, he knew all these while and still decided to embarrass her.

"B-Brad, you—"

"Yes, Chelsea, I am Pooh, your Pooh."

••••••••

Any comments?