Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

Next I looked at the people in the front seat, Russ was in the passenger side and Garrett was driving.

Everything was quiet, there was no music playing, the only sound was the soft purr of the car's engine. It would've been relaxing if it weren't for the fact that I was kidnapped by a complete monster.

Since everything was uneventful at the moment, I decided to keep it that way by pretending I was asleep so Garrett had no reason to do anything to me, even though he was driving so that was unlikely. But who knows, he's obviously not being logical or sane at the moment so he could do anything.

"There he is, tail between his legs, submitting to be because he wants his girls back." Garrett spoke up a little while later, his tone dripping with mockery as the car slowed to a stop.

A moment later both the front doors opened as
Russ and Garrett exited the car, and then the back door opened on Jenny's side and Russ gently took her out and held her in his arms as he closed the door.

I waited, my heart hammering against my chest in fear, for my door to open. And a few seconds later it did, revealing Garrett wearing a sadistic smirk.

"I'm glad you're awake now, the fun is just beginning." He said as he roughly grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the car.

Thankfully my mouth listened to my brain and I kept quiet as my head throbbed with the constant reminder of what happened the last time I talked back to him.

I tried my best to study the area just in case anything happened, but it was just a dirt road with dense forest lining either side. Nothing stuck out to me that could help identify this place if I needed to.

But what I saw not too far in front of me made hope swell up inside me. Liam was there, standing in front of his car, his face not showing any emotion. It was smart of him to keep his feeling to himself at a time like this.

"All this time it was you." Liam finally said when we were right in front of him.

Being this close to him now, I could see the anger and confusion in his eyes. He didn't know Garrett was behind all of this until now.

"Surprise." Garrett deadpanned, never loosening his tight grip on my arm. I could already tell it was going to leave a nasty bruise.

"You were my brother." Liam whispered, his stone cold facade cracking, revealing what he really felt.

He looked exhausted, heartbroken, angry, confused. My heart hurt for him.

"You have everything you want now, just leave Jenny and Emma here and go." Liam spoke again, his voice strong and void of emotion. I could see the walls going back up to guard his feelings.

"I don't know if I want to give Emma back, she was a nice therapeutic punching bag. I might keep her around for a while." Garrett replied, nodding to Russ as an indication to put Jenny in Liam's car.

Liam hadn't looked at me this whole time, but now his eyes were scanning me, and when he saw my beat up face all hell broke loose.

Liam's fist connected with Garrett's nose before anyone even knew what was happening, and this caused my arm to be released.

I ran over to Liam's car, got into the drivers side, and locked all the doors to make sure no one could get me or Jenny.

By the time I looked back at them, Liam was in a full blown fight with Garrett and Russ was quickly walking over to back Garrett up.

Without thinking, I turned the key that was thankfully left in the ignition, and started up the car, pressing down on the gas before I even knew what I was doing.