Chapter 19.

They haven't stopped calling me, Aiden and Owen. I haven't had the guts to answer either one of them because of what happened last night. The images are vivid and my heart still hurts from the betrayal.

If only Aiden knew the reason behind me not answering, he'd surely feel the same way, and his reaction would be totally different from mine. Owen hurt me and I don't want to see him right now.

I'm still shocked by his actions, how he could even react in such a way and have no regret right after. It's as if all time I'd expressed or spilled about what that bastard did to me, did not matter to him.

I'm so confused, but not enough to seek answers right now.

A clear mind, that's what I need.

Something to clear my mind off things is what Wesley intended on providing for me. I'd already told him about not feeling up to heading home just yet, and like the friend he is, no further discussion was needed before he suggested we go to his place.

At first I was hesitant about that, wondering how his father would feel about Wesley showing up with a girl he barely knew.

We might have already met and talked briefly, but that was just about it, nothing more.

Nothing personal about it.

Wesley reassured me that his father wouldn't be present during the day, he usually came home late or he never came home at all, usually spending the rest of the late hours by his wife's side.

A sweet thing that was, but I'd never say that out loud.

I knew that things wouldn't automatically be okay between Fin and Wesley, the two still have a lot to talk about. It had been some time since they'd done that and I believe getting to know each other now, would do them some good.

Fin still offered to drive us to Wesley's home, and we would have gotten there much earlier, if it weren't for Wesley, who threw a big fuss about Fin lending me his clothes to wear, since I was uncomfortable in what I had on.

Now I had no other choice but to travel in these uncomfortable clothes, the only decent looking thing being Wesley's hoodie.

This would be his second hoodie that I have on.

" Maybe I should call your brother, and tell him you're with me right now." Wesley suggests.

" No, it's okay, I'll talk to him." I say, not even looking at him.

A nudge on my shoulders knocks me out of my thoughts, I glance at him where he's already looking at me.

" Are you okay?" He mumbles, leaning close, his breath fanning my ear.

I turn to face him and that's when words get stuck in my mouth. Looking at him now, his eyes have me freeze in place, capturing more of my attention with how blue they are. Looking any closer, it's as if I'm staring at the sky and right now, at this moment, I can't look away.

Why can't I look away?

" Don't look at me like that," he says so low, I almost don't hear him.

" But they're so blue." I let slip without a second thought. " Like the sky."

Realising what I've just said, I blink twice, snapping out of whatever trance I'd just been in. I turn away from him and to the window, my cheeks warming up in embarrassment.

Why did I just say that?

" We're here." Fin says from the drivers seat, making a stop at a beautiful double story house.