3| Let Me See The Stars First

Mulai dari awal

Hearing those words, Lavender hums in thought before grinning up at the taller. "Why not wear fingerless gloves then?"

The other looks at him in confusion. "Fingerless wha—"

"The things that I have on, right now." Lavender hums softly as he held up his hand, showing the other the fingerless gloves he was wearing. "I think they are pretty cool, so I always wear them, but they also keep my hands warm without restricting my movements."

He said all of this before taking ahold of the latter's hands. "You can have the ones I am wearing right now, if you want."

"R-really?"

He nods his head.

"Well, if it isn't too much trouble..."

Lavender's grin widened as he heard those words slip from the latter's mouth. He took it off his hands while the other did the same before giving the latter his gloves. He watched as the other put on the gloves he gave them.

Liatris lifted up his hand, studying it, while moving his fingers in practice before turning to him with a smile upon their lips. "I like them, thank you Lav..."

"No problem, Lia."

___

Sans grinned as he was leaning against the door, watching the interaction between the two children, with a smile upon his lips.

...He wonders if this would be what he will be seeing everyday if Lavender is with his twin. They were... a girl? He can't really remember much as he was in haze when he gave birth to them, but it truly is a peculiar sensation, to know how bad it could hurt to lose something that he never really had.

"Excuse me but can you please move a bit? I have to get inside."

A strangely familiar voice said, a voice Sans was sure he had heard way before. He turns around meeting white eyelights which belong to someone who he had called his best friend.

...

"Outer?"

Outer posture stiffened, the other not saying a word as his eyes look at him with an unreadable expression within them.

"...Long time no see, Sans." Outer said, eyes being blank as what Sans could call as a force smile was upon the taller's face.

Gulping, Sans shifted a bit to act more casual. "You too, bud. What are you doing here in the hospital anyways?"

"This is my kid's hospital room." The other simply answered him while jerking a thumb towards the kids in the bed.

He paused once he heard those words. "...You're Liatris' dad?"

"Yup, why are you here?"

"Whelp, my son seemed to be friends with yours." He chuckled while referring to Lavender.

"Ah your Lavender's parent," Outer hummed while looking over at the children before sighing and turning his back. "Whelp, they look to be having fun, so I'll just check up on Lia after doing a few things." He said while waving his and as some form of salute.

Watching the other's back while it was walking away, he gently shut the door close, so the kids won't be able to see him or hear what he was about to say before speaking up. "Hey Outer? Can you—"

"Not tell Blue anything? Sure thing." The taller cuts him off as Outer stops still to look back on him.

"Thanks bud," Sans let out a sigh of relief before raising a brow at the other. "...How come you will do it, though?"

"I don't care."

Those words made Sans pause, him processing it all before blinking a few times. "Wha—"

"This is your business, not mine." Tilting his head to the side, Outer gave him a melancholic smile. "It's the reason why you didn't bother to tell me anything at the first place, right? The reason why you left without a word."

He sighed. "Outer, I didn't—"

"Stop. Just stop, Sans." Outer firmly stated as his grin was faltering. Sighing, the other gave him a sad smile. "I want to care but I don't. I look at you now and all I feel is tired, just tired."

Sans stops still. "...Bud, I..." He trails off, not knowing what to say as he stares back at the other's hurt eyes.

Seeing that Sans wasn't saying anything else than that, Outer turned his back to him. "I'm happy that Lia found a friend, but I don't really plan on being friends with you anymore myself, so let's just let our kids do as they want, okay?" He said before walking away from him.

...

He really did mess up with that one, huh?

___

This ship is never gonna happen. (Suck it up, Cleru.)

1400 words.