Chapter 10 | Relive it?

"DAD" I screamed, tears running down my face.

My hands knotted into my hair, but I ignored the pain.

"DAD" I yelled louder, my cries becoming inaudible.

When my desperate pleas were only met with silence, terror raced through me.

My dad was gone.

My own father.

It had all started this morning.

I had been home alone.

My dad was supposed to be home with me, my mum was on a business trip and Maddie was at a friends house for the night,  but the note on the kitchen table said otherwise.

Lizziebear,
I'm sorry for everything that will fall on your shoulders after today, I never meant to drag you into it.
Buts what's done, is done, and my work is left to you.
I love you, but I couldn't go on anymore. This is your job now, good luck.
All my love
Dad x

His work?! My dad was an accountant, it wasn't exactly an all important job.

What was I supposed to do with that!

I decided to call his work friend.

Marcus Asher.

But the phone call had left me with information I wish I could forget.

"Marcus" I whispered.

My dad hadn't answered his phone.

"Hey Liza."

Marcus had always called me that.

"Well" I hesitated, "my dad left this really weird note on the kitchen table today, he said he was leaving his work to me, what does that mean Marcus?"

I hear him take an deep breathe.

Barely a moment passes but the air turns strained and Marcus' voice is stiff and serious.

"Elizabeth you have to listen to me, where is the rest of your family?"

"Mums on a business trip and Maddie is at a friends."

"Your mum will be fine, but tell Maddie she HAS to stay where she is, she is not allowed to leave her friends house."

I want to question him, but he sounds so serious that I know I shouldn't.

I quickly text Maddie.

"Okay, dome."

"Do you remember where I live?"

I think about it, I've been there once or twice.

"Yes"

"I'm sending a taxi to your house, I need you to get here as quickly as you can."

I mumble a response and say goodbye, promising to be safe.

I have no idea what's happening.

Approximately three minutes later, a taxi pulls up.