Chapter 50 | End?

TW// Gun violence, semi graphic descriptions

Never. Have I EVER. Been a fan of hospitals.

From my experience as a child, to the various hospital trips when everything went down the first time, to my collapse in the US, to now.

It's safe to say I'd rather be dead than in a hospital ever again.

Which, with the way I'm feeling right now, may not be too far from the truth.

I rub my eyes groggily, and I still feel half asleep despite doing my best to wake myself up.

"It's the morphine."

I spin my head It see a doctor standing beside my bed.

"You're awake." She says, reading something off her clipboard.

I try to reply but I can't.

"Well your wound is looking a lot better."

Wound? What wound?

I try and think back to what happened and it all comes flooding back.

At the recount I feel a full aching in my thigh, where the bullet hit.

Jesus that hurt like a bitch.

"We have to keep you here for the next few days to monitor your progress, with the morphine and the healing." The doctor informs you, "you've been out of it for about a week now."

A week?! A whole week?! A lot can happen in a week.

The doctor gives me a quick rundown on the details of everything, before leaving.

I have five seconds of silence, five seconds to absorb everything I've been told in the last ten minutes before the door bursts open.

"I BROUGHT FRENCH FRIES." Oli cries out, "who's your best friend? I'm your best friend." He Brian, wiggling the bag around.

I smile, my spirit immediately lifted.

Oli plops down on the floor besides the bed, ignoring the numerous chairs around the room.

The rest of the gang slowly files in, and takes it in turn to greet me.

The conversation starts up in full swing around me, and despite making no effort to join in, I enjoy listening to their lively conversation.

"I am way better at holding a gun than you." Callum argues.

"You hold a gun like a banana, I am a hundred times better at holding a gun." Scott fires back.

"You would know what holding it like a banana would be like."

I roll my eyes, giggling at their silliness.

Lauren and Jessie shuffle closer, checking up on me.

"I'm okay, bullet wound aside. I'm just overwhelmed, at the fact that this could finally be over, shocked that it actually worked, shocked it all went so wrong, shocked at everything that happened."

"You're handling it better than I ever could." Jessie smiles at me, putting her hand on mine.

"Thank you." I return the smile.

The door opens and I see Marcus and Carlisle standing there.

Jessie and Lauren exchange looks, before ushering everyone out the room.

"Lizzie we haven't been completely honest with you." Marcus says.

"Thank you captain obvious."

"No bullet can stop your sarcasm."