Chapter 41

Mo Xin took a long look towards Xi Yu. This person, why was she willing to protect her brother? This girl, Xi Yu, was willing to protect her brother when even her own family had given up on him. This person who did not have the same blood coursing through her veins, was willing to help her brother more than those who did.

In this world, maybe Mo Xin didn't understand it before. But now, she understood that relationships of any kind did not matter in the face of right and wrong. Well, at least that was what other people chose to believe.

Mo Xin couldn't help as she felt a feeling of betrayal run through her heart. Her family, right, they weren't her family anymore. Her family would never in their right minds, betray their own kin. They had raised Jin up with their hands, teaching him things for almost his whole life.

But Mo Xin also understood that her 'family' were people who resented the Dark Lord too. Now that they have learnt that someone they call family is the reincarnation of the Dark Lord, of course they would feel a sense of hurt.

Right and wrong, who had the right to judge? In this world, the lies and slanders of human life should be known to all. In this life, maybe Mo Xin might be wrong, but she knew that she was following her heart. She was doing what her heart told her to do, not what other people were telling her to.

Mo Xin took a deep breath, her eyes swelling with emotion as she fought back the tears she felt. As she stared at Xi Yu, she already knew the answer to her question. Even if it was wrong, she needed to find him. Even if they didn't find him, she just wanted him to know that he was in danger. Because in this life, what Mo Xin hated the most was betrayal, she hated people taking sides without knowing the truth behind anything.

"I will follow you. But, I want you to know that no one else but us is willing to help my brother, no one else, so why are you willing to help him? Why are you willing to protect him when you are someone he barely knows?"

"You see, I might not have known him for a long time, but I know deep inside that he is someone with a past that we all should know. I know that there are reasons as to why he has kill so many people. He is the Dark Lord, that is true, but he is also the man I knew. He is also Jin, he is still him. That's why, even if it's just a little, I want to find out more about him. I want to see a side of him, the one that he has hid for so long, choosing to not tell a soul. I don't know what you think of him, but I do know that you feel the same as I do. I know that you too, have the same thoughts as me." Xi Yu did not think for one second that she was wrong. She knew that Mo Xin was someone caring and loving, just from her actions, Xi Yu could tell.

Mo Xin took a long look at the girl in front of her. Her eyes did not lie, her feelings were deep and true as shown deep within her eyes. She did not look old, younger than Mo Xin was but she was able to tell that her brother had a side that no one else knew about.

It was true that her brother was the Dark Lord, but like Xi Yu had said, he was also Jin. She wanted her parents to understand, for her sister to realize that one can never see the truth with just the gossips from the world. If everyone were to believe in the gossips of this world, who knew what this world would become.

"I understand, I put my trust into you that no matter what, you will never betray my brother. Even my family has done so, it is hard to tell if you will or won't. I know that this is a rush, but from now on, I put my trust in you that you would never hurt my brother." Mo Xin spoke with heaviness, a purposeful threatening intention in her voice.

Xi Yu only smiled as she watched Mo Xin's reaction. This women, she was going to get along with her greatly.

"Of course, I will never betray him nor hurt him."

"Now then, please, lead me to his place."

RuJin had returned to the valley. This valley...held so many memories. He closed his eyes, listening to the wind as the leaves rustled softly.

Had twenty years pass by so fast? Those years that he had forgotten all about ShuYan, the years that he returned to the naive him of the past.

It felt like a flicker of a candle light that made those years go by so fast, but now, time seemed like it was going by so slow. If only ShuYan was by him, everything would be more smooth. But he was gone, he was gone and it was all because of his fault. If he had come in time to save him, everything would be so different. None of this would've happened, and ShuYan would still be by his side.

But you couldn't change the past, you couldn't go back in time and reverse everything. RuJin knew well enough that if he continued to dwell on the past, he would lose the one chance given to him to make everything different. It was because of the sects that he lost ShuYan, it was because of their own blinded selfishness that caused so many other people to be harmed.

Now, it was going to be the same thing that ends it, only this time, RuJin did not have ShuYan as a weakness to him, ShuYan was no longer able to be used as a weapon against him.

This time, RuJin swore that he was going to destroy the sects once and for all.

"Master, everything is ready, you may now begin."

The energy radiating from the coffin was strong, Qi was wavering from it, flying everywhere.

One move, and he could make this person the only person who could rival the Dark Lord. All it took was this final step for him to be awaken, of course, under his control.

Once under his control, even if that man didn't want to, he would be his puppet. He would kill the person he loved, and he will die from the pain.

"Begin the final step!"