Chapter 4

Wu Luiyin walked as fast as he could. He didn't know why, but when he saw Ru Lian, he felt immense guilt. Not towards her, but instead towards Jin. He felt like he had done something wrong and was only remembering now. When he looked at Ru Lian, he felt like something was off about her.

It was kind of like the feeling you would get once you find out that someone close to you was telling you a lie.

Ru Lian looked sternly forward as she watched Wu Luiyin leave. Things couldn't go wrong now. After sacrificing her life, lying to the Crown Prince, if he found out what had actually happened that day, she would lose her life.

He was never saved by her, his wounds were already cleaned up when she had happened to stumble upon him. She had took this chance to bring him into her shabby house, noticing the pendent by his waist.

She had took this chance to scheme, saying that she had healed him. It was her only chance at climbing the ladder to become a noble lady. With the help of someone powerful, she would be able to become someone well know.

She couldn't be found at this stage now. Everything she had worked so hard for would all be ruin.

She looked at her servants angrily, before grunting as she turned and headed for her courtyard. Her servants trembled as they felt their lady look at them. They could already imagine what she would do to them, if they did something wrong.

As she entered her courtyard, she resisted the urge to start screaming, and grasped a hairpin tightly in her hand.

If Wu Luiyin were to one day find out the truth, by then it would already be too late. For he would be absolutely bounded to her beauty, and would never want to split up with her.

Yes. Everything in this world belonged to her, and only her. One day she would become the Empress, and slowly take over the authorities that belonged to her.

Wu Luiyin sat on his bed, staring up towards the ceiling. Everything felt different

Jin was beginning his day, as usual. As he lifted up a basket, he also needed to grab the second basket.

"Wu Luiyin, can you—" Jin stopped, remembering that Wu Luiyin had already went back home.

Did he already get use to someone who he knew would leave? He shook his head as he turned away. Not yet, not now, not ever.

Wu Luiyin deeply missed Jin. He suddenly thought about how Jin would ask him many things, and in return, would also talk about himself. He felt like he was in a foreign place.

He had gotten so use to Jin being around, that without him, everything felt weird.

"The Empress has arrived." An eunuch yelled.

Wu Luiyin got to his feet as his mother, the Empress entered. Trailing behind her were 10 maids and 10 eunuchs.

The lady who entered looked youthful, despite being 40 years old, she instead looked like she was 20 years old.

The aura of an empress bounced off of her. She stood upright with dignity and her eyes were filled with wisdom.

"Mother Empress." Wu Luiyin called out, as he stepped towards his Mother.

"My son, oh, you don't know how worried I was when your return was delayed. Mother thought that she had lost you." The Empress tightly hugged Wu Luiyin. Her eyes held lingered tears.

Wu Luiyin only held his mother close to him, as he patted his back.

"It is fine, Mother. I am back, safe and well." He said, trying to soothe her.

"Don't you ever dare to scare your mother like this ever again. Mother only has you as her son, I can't lose you. You are the pride of Xianghou. With you here, we are able to keep up as the most powerful nation. One day, you will step up to claim the throne, and when that day comes, you would need to lead this nation to its fullest. But remember well, that whatever yo do, never offend THEM." The Empress said, as her eyes showed worry speaking about them.

"Yes, Mother. I will remember those words." His Mother was correct. No matter how powerful his sect was, even they could not touch a single piece of hair on THEM. The distance between them were farther than heaven and land.

"Now dress up. You will be attending the party your father would be hosting. You don't want to make us lose face, right." His Mother said, teasing him lightly.

"Yes, Mother." Wu Luiyin said, as his mother touched his face.

"Mother will be leaving now. Remember to dress nicely." With that, the Empress turned her back, and walked away, her maids and eunuchs followed close behind her.

Jin sat at the table looking at the dishes he had made. He had made enough for two people and had brought out another bowl by accident. Sighing, he looked dumbly out his window. What was this feeling that kept creeping into his heart?

He ate quickly before sitting down to read a book.

Wu Luiyin's maid had dressed him into a black robe with gold and silver lining around it. The fabric used was made of high class silk, and he wore a silver coronet on his head.

 The fabric used was made of high class silk, and he wore a silver coronet on his head

Something like this

He sat still, his eyes looking lost. There were time when the maid would accidentally pull his hair, and he wasn't use to this. Usually, Jin would softly comb his hair, and most of the times, it was peaceful and soothing for him. Now, all he could feel was something repeatedly pulling his hair.

After what seemingly took forever, Wu Luiyin was finally able to get out.

He walked out of his courtyard, 5 maids and 5 eunuchs tailing behind him.

When he got into the palace hall, where the party was going on, he stopped. He had forgotten about getting Ru Lian on the way here. It didn't matter, he was already here, and the walk back would take some time.

The eunuch, who stood outside of the hall, saw Wu Luiyin and immediately announced his arrival.

"Crown Prince!" He yelled as he bowed.