Chapter 10

Jin woke up, squashed against Wu Luiyin's chest. He tried to get out carefully, but the hands around his waist tightened.

Yeasterday, Wu Luiyin and him had finally gotten married. The wedding wasn't big, but it was fancy.

"Luiyin, you're going to squeeze me to death." Jin muttered, as he gently pushed Wu Luiyin away.

"Just stay like this for a little while longer." Wu Luiyin said, as he pushed Jin forward and kissed his head.

Jin couldn't move or stop anything so he just laid there while looking at Wu Luiyin's sleeping face. After some time, Wu Luiyin finally let Jin go.

Jin stood up, and looked at Wu Luiyin.

"You need to get up now." Jin softly told Wu Luiyin.

Wu Luiyin only opened his eyes, before pointing at his lips.

"Give me a kiss first." Wu Luiyin said to Jin.

Jin's face blushed a bright red, before he bent over and gently placed his lips on Wu Luiyin's before quickly turning away.

Wu Luiyin laughed before getting up and dressing himself. Then, he turned to Jin and started to dress him up to. Once or twice, his hands would "accidentally" touch Jin's skin, and Jin would then smack his hands.

"Jin, what do you want to do today?" Wu Luiyin asked as he wrapped his hands around Jin's waist.

"Hmm. What did you have planned out today?" Jin asked, as he put his hands on top of Wu Luiyin's hands, that were wrapped around him.

"I canceled all of the things I had planned for today. Today, I just want to spend all of my time with you." Wu Luiyin said, as he put his head onto Jin's shoulder.

"Can you take me outside of the palace?" Jin asked.

"Yes, but first, let's eat." Wu Luiyin said.

Not long after, some maids entered with trays of food, and set them down on the table.

AN: They did not consummate, just clarifying this.

"Have you seen the new consorts face yet?" Ru Lian asked, her hands tightly gripping her handkerchief.

"Yes, my lady." The maid answered, lowering her head.

"Is he beautiful? Tell me the truth." Ru Lian said.

"Yes, he is." The maid said, slightly trembling.

"Why did he have to come now? If he hadn't met that man, his full attention would have been on me. It seems like I will have to speed up my plan. I didn't expect that I would have to reveal this so soon, but with the addition of a new consort, my status would be threaten. The only thing I can do is to eliminate him." Ru Lian said.

"Just you wait. Pretty soon, you won't even be alive." Ru Lian declared.

"How do you like the tea?" Wu Luiyin asked.

"It's good. The tastes isn't too heavy and the fragrant is nice." Jin said.

They had been walking around for a while now and had decided to stop for some tea.

Just then, a maid came running towards them, pushing all the other customers aside.

"Crown Prince, the consort, Consort Ru has fainted."

Wu Luiyin shows a look of shock, then turned to Jin. Jin's face had a surprise look on, but he didn't say a word.

Running through his mind were many thoughts. He didn't know that Wu Luiyin had another consort, and though he was angry, he didn't dare say it. He only looked back at Wu Luiyin, trying to hide the expression on his face.

Wu Luiyin grabbed onto Jin as they entered into Ru Lian courtyard. When they entered her quarters, a doctor was seen checking her pulse, and Ru Lian was still unconscious,

The doctor lifted his head up with a gleeful smile.

"Congratulations Crown Prince, Consort Ru is three weeks pregnant." The doctor said, bowing to Wu Luiyin.

Jin finally lost it. He actually had a consort and now, she was even pregnant! As he stared at Wu Luiyin, he quickly left, pushing Wu Luiyin's hand away.

Wu Luiyin stared dumbly at the doctor.

"Is she really pregnant?" He asked.

"This old man has been a doctor at the palace for many years. Consort Ru definitely has a joy pulse." The doctor repeated.

Wu Luiyin didn't believe it, but hearing his words once again, he finally did. Although Wu Luiyin had always wanted a child, he didn't expect it to happen this way. He then walked closer to Ru Lian, sitting on the bed as he looked at her.

Ru Lian shifted his eyes, before they opened.

"Consort Ru greets the Crown Prince." She said, as she struggled to get up.

"There is no need for you to get up." Wu Luiyin stopped her from getting up and bowing.

"May this consort ask, what sickness does this consort have?" Ru Lian said, her face pale.

"You are not sick. Ru Lian, you are pregnant." Wu Luiyin said as he hugged Ru Lian.

Ru Lian hid the evil smirk on her face as Wu Luiyin hugged her. Even if Wu Luiyin loved the new consort, Jin, he was a man. He wouldn't be able to give any children to Wu Luiyin. As long as she was able to give a children to Wu Luiyin, Jin would lose all favor with him.

Wu Luiyin always had a weak spot for children, and she knew that best. Slowly, she could now discard Jin away.

Jin sat on his bed, his hands covering his eyes. Who was he kidding? He was a man. He couldn't get pregnant nor can he ever give a child to Wu Luiyin. As the Crown Prince, Wu Luiyin needed to have children. That was something that Jin could never give.

Tears ran out of his eyes, as he tried to wipe them away. Was loving Wu Luiyin, the  right choice?

When he finally stopped crying, he got up and sat on a stool. Night had already fallen, but Wu Luiyin was nowhere in sight. This meant that he wouldn't be coming over.

With a bitter heart, Jin turned off all the candles, and went to bed. As he tossed and turned, he found that it was hard to fall asleep without someone by his side. Thinking about this only brought more tears. After some time, he finally fell asleep.