Chapter 34

RuJin wiped away the blood on his sword, his eyes traveling around the bloody scene. Currently, his side was winning, but he wanted the sects to suffer even more than they already were.

"Xue Yi, spread the Labyrinth!" RuJin's voice was loud, as he put his power into it to make his voice heard.

Xue Yi, who was currently up against a Sect elder, immediately replied while his sword stabbed deep into an elder's heart.

"Yes., Lord," Xue Yi lifted his hand, a dark mist escaping from it.

The mist spread and spread, covering the entire battlefield. The effect was enormous. Not even one minute later, people were on the ground, struggling to breathe as they coughed out a dark-colored blood.

"You!" Li Shao struggled to say, his hand trying to stop the blood coming out of his mouth. He knelt down on the ground, stopping his body from falling.

RuJin looked over to him, his steps taking him towards that direction.

"You used such an evil method to try and defeat us," Li Shao spat out, his eyes now burning with hatred.

"I wasn't the one who launched a surprise attack on you though, was I? I wasn't the one who started this battle, I didn't ask for you all to come to my place and launch an attack. Call me evil, but at least I don't try to hide it." RuJin scoffed, his eyes burning bright with blood thirst.

Then, he lifted his sword up, preparing to send Li Shao to his death before he heard him open his mouth again.

"Didn't you ever wonder why our side is losing so easily? Why there are almost no elders in this battle? Why the sound of that guqin had suddenly stopped?" Li Shao smirked. Even with blood on his clothes, he appeared stronger at that moment.

RuJin felt his heart drop, panic arising in him and Li Shao noticed it right away.

"I know about that relationship between you and my old disciple. I know that the only thing I can use against you is him. Which is why right now, I wager that he is about dead." Li Shao said, his eyes appearing even more happy as he noticed RuJin's reaction.

No, that couldn't be possible. ShuYan wouldn't be in danger, not when he was just about to win this battle.

And then he realized just how foolish he was. He wanted to keep him safe, but now, he might be in even more danger.

He kicked Li Shao away, using his power to help him levitate in the air. Just as he was about to leave, Li Shao spoke again.

"You won't be able to save him. Our most powerful sect elders have gone to kill him. Even if you leave now, he would already be dead. And then, you would lose this battle too." Li Shao laughed at the end of his sentence, then, his body disappeared.

A clone, he was using a clone the entire time.

But RuJin didn't care anymore, he needed to leave. He needed to get back to his side.

ShuYan looked at the sudden people who had arrived at this place. His brain told him that they were all much stronger than him, but he somehow found this courage in him to stand up against them.

"ShuYan, if you come back to our side, we will let you go." Li Shao spoke, his words calm and gentle, as if he was trying to win over ShuYan.

"Master, it is a shame that I will not be able to do that. I had decided long ago that I would come back to his side when I find him, it is too late for me to take back my words." ShuYan spoke, no longer holding any respect to Li Shao.

"ShuYan, I know that. That is why we must get rid of you before he comes back." Li Shao announced as everyone rushed towards ShuYan.

Even though ShuYan knew he was going to lose, he was willing to fight for as long as he could until he saw RuJin's face once more.

He grabbed his own sword, and began to fight.

A stab from a sword punctured his stomach and pain rushed over him. As the sword was pulled out, blood gushed from it, but ShuYan managed to return that strike. He was in pain, but he would be hurt even more if he never got to see RuJin once more.

A slash. A stab. A strike. With each of these, ShuYan's clothes were dyed with red, his movements began to slow, but his eyes remained unmoved. Keep going, keep persisting and he would see RuJin again.

"ShuYan!!!" The voice that seemed to clear away ShuYan's pain rung clear and loud.

Just as soon as he heard it, a pain erupted in him as he saw a sword stabbing straight into his heart. He felt like time froze in that moment. He saw RuJin rush over, with one hand swipe, knocking everyone away from him, and his body collapsed.

RuJin appeared before his face, and ShuYan suddenly thought that this moment seemed like a nightmare. Something that he wished he could wake up from. But even he knew that this was going to be the end. He was going to leave this beautiful person forever, never being able to spend a lifetime together.

He felt his heart slowly stopped beating, his breath came out slow and hard.

With his every ounce of energy, he forced himself to talk to RuJin.

"I-I love you, RuJin." With those words, his eyes slowly closed as he heard RuJin's screams. Even though he didn't want to leave, he couldn't stop it. He couldn't stop this moment, he couldn't freeze time.

"ShuYan, please wake up." RuJin couldn't stop the pain that radiated through his heart. No, please, someone stop this. He couldn't lose him. He still needed to spend his a lifetime apologizing to him.

"Hurry, do it now when he is unfocused."

Li Shao, Ran Yu, Qu Ren, Lan Chen, and Jiang Mun hurried to gather around the unfocused RuJin. They hurried to chant the spell that had been used only once in the history of theirs. The one that would be able to defeat the Dark Lord once and for all.

RuJin didn't fight against them, for what mattered when he had lost the one person he still had in his life?

It didn't matter, in the end you can't stop the world from running its course. Fate, destiny, will of the heaven, why couldn't they be kind to him?

Just how many times had he lost his most loved ones? Now, they took away the most important person in his life, the one that he truly loved.

As he closed his eyes, he held tightly onto ShuYan, warmth was still coming from his body and his face was peaceful. Just like it would be if he was sleeping. RuJin was reminded of all those times he would wake up in the middle of the night and look at this face, admiring it. Now, this would be the final time he could do it.

As Li Shao, Ran Yu, Qu Ren, Lan Chen, and Jiang Mun finished their spell, they jumped back.

RuJin's body was covered in a bright, piercing light, and he screamed. It was because of pain, pain from deep within his heart.

If he was going to die, then he would use his last bit of power to make sure that he dragged everyone down with him.

He opened his mouth, and a black aura came from him and spread faster than the eyes can see, killing anyone who was of light.

Li Shao, Ran Yu, Qu Ren, Lan Chen, and Jiang Mun cowered back, they knew that they couldn't escape this power.

So they used their cultivation to go against it. Sacrificing their cultivation for their life, and they felt their power diminish.

RuJin knew he couldn't last anymore. He knew that this was his death, his punishment.

As he closed his eyes, he couldn't help the tears that fell from his eyes.

ShuYan, please wait for me in another lifetime.

And his heart stopped beating.

AN: Well, this is it. This is officially the end of RuJin's flashback into his past with ShuYan. In the rest of the chapters, it will be back in present time. Don't worry, the two of them get another chance to be with each other. Thank you for reading this chapter.