POV DYLAN
I'm worried about Yue ... She looks really tired.  This is the last time I let her get on the Ferris wheel!
I glance in the rearview mirror and I see Yi Ren looking out the window.
Damn.  I didn't expect she would kiss me!  But I know that, as she said, it was just a mistake of a moment.  I trust her.  She helped me a lot these months and we became good friends ... I know that kiss meant nothing.
Yi Ren is a particular girl ... She always says what she thinks, but she is very introverted ... Maybe that's why she struggles so much to make friends.
Once we get to her house, I notice that she finds it hard to open the car door, so I go down to help her.
"Thanks for this evening, Dylan. I beg you, don't say anything to Yue ... Since tomorrow everything will be the same as before, don't worry" she smiles at me, before entering the house.
I nod and I greet her.
What a mess.

POV YUE
I put on my pajamas and I lay down on the bed, devoid of energy.
Suddenly, Kido knocks on the already open door of my room.
"Hey! Come in," I say, sitting down.
"I take this opportunity while Dylan is in the bathroom ... I just wanted to see how you are" he whispers, looking at me with concern.
Kido ...
I can't lie to him.
"Bad" I answer, trying not to cry.
He kneels in front of me and he hugs me hard.
"He was constantly looking at her in the mirror, in the car ... And did you see how he ran to open the car? They even have a chat in front of her house's door! Kido ... Maybe he got tired of me?"
He squeezes me even harder.
"Shhh ... Everything will be fine, Yueyue," he murmurs, stroking my hair.
He didn't answer my question.  Does he think Didi really got tired of me?
"Ehm ehm".
Dylan's voice makes us snap apart.
"Now I'm going. Good night" Kido smiles at me, then he gets up and passes Didi without even looking at him.
"Since when is he allowed to enter your room? And what was that hug?"  Dylan asks, angry.
Is him serious?  After what happened does he dare to get angry with me for a hug?
I don't answer and I turn my back to fix the bed covers.
I hear him sigh.
Tell me, Wang He Di.  Tell me the truth.  Now.  Please.
He approaches me and he strokes my back.
"Sorry" he whispers.
Tell me.
I turn around again and I look into his eyes.
Tell me.
"I have to stop being so jealous, eh?"  he smiles.
Tell me.
"I'll let you rest ... If you need anything, call me, okay?"  he gives me a kiss on the forehead.
Stop being jealous?  A kiss on the forehead?
He says good night and he leaves the room.
I slide to the floor and I  let go of all the tears I've held back so far.  Where is my Didi?

POV DYLAN
It's night now and I can't sleep.
I think back to the words of Yi Ren ... Not telling Yue the truth seems the easiest way, but how can I live with this sense of guilt?  I feel devoured from the inside!  Early I couldn't even look at her face ... My look falls on her pictures hanging on the wall.  One, in particular, reminds me of one of our happiest moments.

  One, in particular, reminds me of one of our happiest moments

* flashback *
"I'm bored ... Let's do something!"  I exclaim.
Yue and I are sitting at the kitchen table on a very hot summer afternoon.
"What would you like to do?"  she asks me.
"I don't know ... A little madness, maybe" I reply.
Her eyes light up and a huge smile appears on her face.
"Let's go to the sea," she says.
"To the sea ?! Shen Yue, it takes more than two hours to travel! I don't even know if my little yellow jalopy is able to do so many kilometers!"
"Exactly! It's a little madness, right?"
That look full of life ... How can I tell her no?
After almost three hours, here we are at the beach.
We bathe and play with the sand ...
Towards evening, we begin to feel exhausted, so we sit down and get lost watching the sunset.
Suddenly, a child of about three years runs past us running and stumbling.
Yue immediately jumps to her feet and helps him to get up.
"Are you okay, honey?"  she asks, scrutinizing his little hands carefully to see if there are any scratches.
He nods and hugs her.
I hold a laugh.  That baby reminds me of Su, who throws his arms around our neck for every little thing.
She returns the hug and she gives him a small kiss on the cheek.
A lady runs towards us and after thanking Yue, she takes the baby in her arms and walks away.
Yue returns to sit by my side and she rests her head on my shoulder.
"What are you thinking about?"  she asks me.
I smile.
"When you and I will have a family of our own" I reply, blushing.
"A family of our own?"
"Yes. You know ... When we'll have a house bought by working hard ... A bigger car ... And three children who will grow up fighting with you, and who will love me more..." I grin.
"THREE CHILDREN?!"
"Better four? Five? How about six of them?"
"WANG HE DI!"
I burst out laughing.
She looks up and looks at me.
"Do you really think about it ... About our future?"  she asks me timidly.
Is she serious?
"Shen Yue ... I already see you in white dress telling me yes! What stupid questions do you ask me ?!"  I almost scream, frowning.
Her eyes fill with tears and she bites her lips so as not to let them escape.
"Yue?"
"I love you" she whispers.
Then she give me a kiss that leaves me breathless.
"How about ten children?"  I laugh, leaning my forehead against her.
"We can also have twenty children. Just shut up and kiss me now" she replies, stroking my face with a smile.
My girl!

* end flashback *

What am I doing?  Did I really think about lying to her?  To lie to her?
How can I build our future on a lie?
I'm terrified of losing her, but Yue doesn't deserve similar treatment.  If I kept this secret now, it would mean that I am absolutely not worthy of all the love she feels for me.
I get up abruptly from the bed and without making any noise I reach her room.
She's completely hidden under the covers.
I call her quietly and slowly I see her head stick out.
Her eyes are red ... Did she cry?
"Wang He Di?"
"Put the blanket on, let's go out a second" I say.
Trying not to wake up Su and Dad, we go out into the yard.
"Shen Yue ... I have to tell you something."
She doesn't look at me, she keeps her eyes fixed on the ground.
I decide to go on.
"Song Yi Ren kissed me at the fun fair".
I see her wince and my heart breaks.
"But I swear to you that I immediately rejected her! It was just a mistake, Yi Ren said it too ... She had a moment of weakness. Please forgive me" I kneel before her.
"I saw you" she mutters.
"What?"
"I saw you".
"Shen Yue ... Why didn't you say anything? My love ... Forgive me. Really. I'm sorry. I swear to you that such a thing will never happen again. I love you. I love only you. Please don't leave me."
I struggle to breathe.  Who knows what she felt when she saw us ... She will never forgive me.  How could she?  I miss the air.  I had prepared a speech, but now I can't do anything but beg.
All of a sudden she kneels too and hugs me.
"I was so afraid that you would have kept it from me ... That you would have left me for her" she says, sobbing like a child.
"Shen Yue ... You are my life. You are my future. Ok? I will never leave you. I would never betray you! Forgive me ... Forgive me ... I was afraid of losing you!"
She nods and I hug her more tightly.
After a few minutes, I try to kiss her, but she stops me with one hand.
"Not tonight" she sighs.
I understand.
I help her to get up and we are still a bit outside, hugging each other while we rock on the spot.
"I'm sorry " I repeat once again.
Yue strokes my face and she smiles.
I have an angel by my side ... I'm sure.

Author's corner
Ciao!
I thought a lot about how to develop this chapter.  I had in my mind two possible versions ... And one of these would have anticipated the end of the story, so I decided to take the longer way ... I hope you are happy about it, because honestly I still don't feel ready to greet my two babies 😂
Thanks for all your comments, even if you scolded me a lot 😂
A big hug 💜💛
Lucrezia