63

"Come on, let's go." Hobi called out into the house, careful not to wake his brothers up. All of them had watched a movie late into the night, with Jimin refusing to go to sleep afterwards because he kept thinking that there were monsters in his room. Even Namjoon and Hobi couldn't calm Jimin down. In the end, Jimin flocked to Wooseong's room and burrowed himself with his dad. Tae had the honour of choosing the movie, and of course, he had picked that one.

"I'm coming, hyung." Tae came bounding out of the door while struggling to pull on his socks. "Hyung, I went into Dad's room to look for Jimin. He was snoring. Dad told me Jimin was up all night because of nightmares!"

"You're merciless towards him when it comes to movies, Tae. You know he doesn't like horror shows."

Tae crossed his arms and gave Hobi an I-had-a-perfect-plan-but-it- was-ruined look. "Jimin should have cuddled with me, then. I would've made all those monsters go away from him. I would've protected him. But he chose Dad, so now I'm jealous." Tae puffed out his cheeks huffily like an angry little penguin.

"Okay, jealous mister." Hobi sighed and pulled on his shoes. "Let's hurry or else we will be late. Mom invited us to join the other kids for breakfast. Let's not keep them waiting. That's not-"

"Not good manners, I know. I'm ready, let's go!" Tae yelled excitedly, dashing out of the gate. Hobi had to go after him to make sure he didn't run across the road.

They ended up racing to the orphanage, and arriving out of breath.

*******

Chaesung shook her head and sighed when her two boys showed up at the orphanage, just one minute before breakfast was to be served. It was a chilly day, but both of them were red-faced and sweating. Chaesung pulled off two towels from the shelf and handed them to Hobi and Taehyung. "Dry off first. Don't come to breakfast all messy like this." She reminded. "That's not good manners."

"Okay, Mom!" Hobi giggled. "I'm not that hungry for breakfast, though. But we will be back quick sharp! Tae hasn't eaten." He pulled Tae into the empty bathroom. Hobi quickly cupped his hands and collected some water, which he splashed on his face. He jerked his head back, making his bangs toss backwards.

Tae cocked his head to a side and frowned. "That's not right, hyung."

"What isn't right?"

Tae waved around the empty bathroom. "There aren't any cameras in here. How are you going to have your commercial filmed?"

Tae guided Hobi's gaze to the mirror, making Hobi look at his own reflection. "Look! That boy is really handsome. I'm jealous! I don't even have such great hair, nice eyes, and those toned legs. I should probably join Jimin in dance elective." Tae proclaimed. "See, hyung, you look amazing. So, please stop eating lesser and lesser at every meal. You told Mom that you weren't hungry, but I haven't eaten so we have to hurry back. You were lying about not being hungry for any breakfast, hyung. I didn't see you eat anything this morning."

Hobi opened his mouth, but Taehyung beat him to it. "You care about me so much. Now it's my turn to take care of you, hyung. We're going to go for breakfast, and you're going to eat as much as I do, and there's that. No excuses, hyung!"

*******

Hobi and Taehyung made it to the dining hall just as the last child was being served his breakfast.

The orphanage tries to empower their children. Instead of spoon-feeding the children, they taught the kids to be independent. They had never thought of feeding the children catered packeted food. Instead, the orphanage chef would dish out the meals in buffet trays. The older children, once they turn ten, will be given culinary lessons. During mealtime, the children would line up to serve themselves, taking only what they could finish, no more than that, so that there wouldn't be food wastage problems. Then, the caretakers would encourage the children to feed themselves. They'd sit with the younger children, teaching them the right way to grip their forks and spoons, then letting them learn to scoop the food and send it into their mouths. Some were picky over getting their hands, mouth and cheeks sticky with spilled food, but Chaesung and the other caretakers have always told them, "It's okay, we can clean up after."