11

The six boys sat in the four twins' bedroom. No one made a sound. No one spoke a single word. Only Jimin and Tae were sitting by the window where they had a framed photograph of the seven of them, taken by their mother three years back on Christmas Day. Jungkook was smiling the hardest and widest in that picture.

"Where could he have gone? He's only a five-year-old!" Jin ranted, smashing his fist on the desk. "Jungkook! Where did you go? Why did you just...vanish like this?" His voice began to quiver, and his brothers knew that anytime soon, their big brother was about to break down.

Namjoon clambered up from his seat to sit beside Jimin, who was silently brushing tears from his face at the corner. He quickly grabbed a tissue to dry Jimin's tears. So Jin wouldn't have to worry about us. Hobi and Yoongi just stayed side by side, not moving a muscle, but their faces equally grim and concerned. Tae inched over closer to Hobi and rested his head in Hobi's lap. None of them spoke, none of them complained, none of them dared to ask a single question.

If Jin didn't need to worry about me, he will have more time to worry about Jungkook. That was what each of them thought. So, they stayed in their places, silent.

"Let's...just wait for Dad to come home. Maybe he'll know what to do." Tae suggested, breaking the long silence.

Yoongi scoffed. "You think he'll care? He beats the living daylights out of us. What if he was glad that Jungkook is gone?"

As much as Wooseong had tried to become a softer and gentler father, there are still times when he became Scary Dad. He would go hysterical, beating his sons, abusing them. The children were afraid of him, and he knew it too. But when he was Nice Dad, the kids got along well with him, and he was beginning to learn to love his boys again. Even if it took him months and years, the boys were always ready to forgive him and let him have a second chance.

Yoongi's comment was enough to make the younger twins burst into tears. "No, no, no! Jungkook has to come home." Jimin sobbed. "He's out there, alone and afraid and cold. We have to find him and take him home!"

Right then, the door opened, and Wooseong was greeted by his six crying sons. "Hurry up, get changed. We'll make a missing person report at the police station. Double up now! Don't be such sloths." The kids needn't be told twice. Everyone sprung up from their seats and threw on their outdoor clothes. In no time flat, everyone was good to go.

*******

"What can you tell me about Jungkook? What does he look like? Where did you last see him?" The police officer asked. The boys were having a turn to be questioned privately by the police officer while Wooseong was in a separate interrogation room.

Namjoon answered first.

"This morning before school, we were all up and getting ready together." He said.

The police officer wrote down what he mentioned. "What does your brother look like? What was he wearing?"

Jin frowned. "He wore his kindergarten uniform, navy blue vest with a white sailor's collar, paired with white shorts. He had his dark blue socks and white shoes. And he has a bowl cut, can't miss that one. He looks like a coconut." Then, he paused for a moment before continuing, "Miss, please find him. I can't bear to lose him. He's too precious to all of us. My little brother is out there all by himself. He must be so scared. We have always been together, and he will be scared to be alone. Please take him home, miss."

The police officer gave him a reassuring smile. "We'll try our best to find him. It hasn't been 48 hours since Jungkook went missing, we have a chance, since you've reported it early."