Their Just Numbers

I have updated this book three times today! I think I am over doing it, well its also because I am home sick from school and have nothing better to do. Anyone else done that? Just write and write and write because you are on a role and you don't want to do anything else? But then no one reads it!

I dedicate this chapter to iShipYou!

Everyone who reads this is awesome!

**********************************

In the end Lucy slept on the floor with a blanket, letting Natsu sleep on the bed. She had felt bad for him doing his test the day before, but now they would get their answer. What his number was and who they would be fighting.

As they walked the long walk to the field, Natsu started to feel the burn from yesterdays test. They even had to stop for a minute to give him a break, but it was also his fault for not taking it easy the day before. He was defiantly going to regret in during the battle, this would be his first. To say the least he was nervous, he had beaten people up before. But that was mostly out of anger that came and went with the moment and only lasted a few minutes. This would be first real challenge since Igneel had taught him his magic.

They approached the commanders tent, who Natsu had already decided to call "Gramps". They entered to see Gramps himself and another woman, she had long red hair, brown eyes and a strong built body. She wore armor like a knight and carried a sword at her hip.

"Oh, good to see you here Erza." Lucy waved politely.

The red haired girl he supposed to be Erza nodded, giving no smile. But you could still tell she was happy to see her.

"Lucy, Natsu, have you come to see your score?" Gramps asked.

"Yes sir."

"I will just be a moment." He hopped off the table he was sitting on and left to search threw some drawers.

"Lucy, I see you have a new partner." Erza examined me.

"Yes, this is Natsu."

"Natsu huh, I am Erza." She held out her hand to shake his, Natsu obliged hesitantly.

"He is a cute one! Make sure to keep him Lucy!" Erza grabbed his head and slammed it into the firm plate of her armor. Natsu became dizzy and lightheaded from he impact he had just took.

Lucy just sighed and ignored her last comment.

"Ah, I found it. Erza would you give us a minute?" Lucy heard the Master saying from the other side of the tent. Erza nodded and left with a bow. "Now, as you know the score is ranged from 1-100. The ranks are E-Class and S-Class. If you are above 80, then you are S-Class."

The master sat down at a table and held a small folder in his hands.

"Natsu, your score was 87. This means you are an S-Class mage."

Natsu jumped out of his seat.

"What?! Since when?! I had no idea, now I really want to kick som butt!"

"Natsu calm down, there is one more thing to explain. The way we match up battle partners from the mages from Parasaph is that we add the two partners numbers together. Then the Parasaph partners numbers will be set you a similar number here."

Natsu just looked confused at all get out.

"Lets see if this clears it up. Two pares from each kingdom are tested, those numbers are added, find two numbers that are similar and they are the two partners that fight each other. Got it?" Gramps explained again.

"Maybe..." Natsu's brain seemed like it was imploding.

"Its alright. The point is we will be fighting people with the same amount of strength as us." Lucy reassured him.

"With your number as 87 and Lucy's as 62, your added number is 149." Gramps smiled.

Lucy had gotten 62? That was really good, she was stronger than she looked. He couldn't wait to see her out in action. He turned to smile in congratulations to her, but she was facing the other direction, like she was embarrassed or ashamed.

"Well, I will hook you two up with a battle. Stay here until I get back." Gramps left the tent.

"Lucy? Whats wrong?" He tried to turn her back towards him.

"Just go ahead and say it!" She yelled.

"Say what?"

"Say that I'm weak, pathetic, low number. I should have never been paired up with you!" These words were like a stab in the heart, he never felt that way.

"Lucy, when I heard your number I was thinking how strong you were. Not how weak, how you may not look strong, but inside there is that feisty girl I have leaned to know. Besides their just numbers, they don't mean anything. A number doesn't describe a person, you do." He smiled at her trying to lift her frown.

"So your not going to leave just because I'm weak?" She chocked.

"Why would I leave? I said I was staying and nothings going to change that!"

"Thank you Natsu!" She flung over and squeezed him into a tight hug.

"Now I have-" Gramps was stopped when he saw the scene being played inside his tent. "Usually when I come back from Lucy's new partner she is crying for a different reason. I have a feeling I will like you Natsu."

Natsu looked up at him and grinned, he couldn't be more happy then he was now.