The Five Rules

If I am allowed to say this, I like this book better than the other one I am currently writing. Do you know how hard it is to write one book in first person and another in third?! It is uber confusing!

I dedicate this chapter to grace9550!

Thanks to all who have read my other books too!

**********************************

Today was the day, the day that Lucy and her new partner would have to go the battle field and fight for the first time. She would finally see Natsu fight, but worse, he would see her fight and most likely loose. When you picture a war battle field with no magic it would be chaos, every one running around trying not to get shot while trying to shoot others. But not this war, magical war was organized, everyone had one partner and one opponent. It was teems against teems, so everyone was minding their own business with their own battle while you fought yours.

It was Lucy's job to teach this to Natsu, he seemed like the kind of person that would just butt into another person fight. But this was against the rules and if you disobeyed those rules you were punished. Lucy had never had the punishment before but she knew of people that had, they would disappear for days then come back, rabid and out of their minds. There were many rules in Fairy Tail, many that were difficult to follow or hard to understand.

Rule one: Never interfere with another battle.

Rule two: No contact with family or outsiders.

Rule three: Never oppose or question the council.

Rule four: Not to have any relation with the Parasaph Kingdom.

Rule five: Once a Fairy Tail initiate you many never leave.

These were the five rules of Fairy Tail, if one was broken you would surely get the punishment. Now, our Master isn't bad, he is actually very encouraging and friendly. But he is controlled by the council, the council rules all the guilds in Fiore. Guilds aren't what they used to be, guilds used to be happy loving places for wizards to fit in and to have a place to call home and people to make a new family when they lost theirs. But now guilds are like prisons, places where mages are held and made to fight this bloody war.

"Lucy, you ready?" Natsu's voice snapped her out of her trance.

"What? Oh, yes. But are you ready, this will be your first time in battle." She reminded him.

His grin turned to that of a surprised face.

"Your right, I haven't really fought like that before. Well, we'll see how I do!" He jeered.

Shaking her head slightly at his behavior she stood from the table they were sitting at.

"This war isn't so something to take lightly, people die on the battle field!" I reminded him.

He was taken back at what I said.

"You don't think I know that? My best friend died because of this stupid war, what have you lost?! Huh?" He huffed.

I hung my head, my eyes covered by my blonde hair, he was right. There were many more people lost besides just the people I cared about.

"I lost my mother, she died when I was too little to remember. I guess I was selfish, believing that I was the only one who lost someone."

Natsu was shocked at her response, at first he took back everything he said. He had lost a dear friend of his and just the though of that made him boil. But he shouldn't have yelled at her, but after he heard her answer he felt absolutely terrible making her remember such a awful memory. By absolute instinct he stepped up and took her into his arms, he barely knew her and now he was holding her! But inside it just felt...right. She was so tiny and small, it felt like she fit perfectly there. He had never had this type of feeling with Lissana and he had thought that they were meant to be married. But now this girl had altered his brain.

"Natsu, what are you doing?" She struggled to slip from his grip, but he wouldn't let go.

"I know how you feel about your mother, my dad left me too. But he gave me this!" He pointed to his neck, which lay the white, scaled scarf. "This was the only thing left of him the day he disappeared, it was covered by his sent, but now it doesn't smell like anything."

"Sure it does, it smells like you! Like campfire smoke, warm summer air and almost everything good about heat or summer days." She reassured him.

"Is that really what I smell like?" His nose curled up in disgust.

Lucy nodded, smiling.

"Well you smell like strawberries!" Natsu sat back down at the table.

Her face turned confused and shocked then melted into that sweet smile.

"You know, my mom left me something too."

She reached around her neck and pulled off her necklace, holding it in front of him. He widened his eyes in amassment of the glorifying necklace.

"It matches your hair." She pointed out.

"My hair is not pink, its salmon!" He yelled.

"I never said it was..." Lucy held up her hands in defense. "Anyways, we are going to miss the train. Lets go!"

Lucy grabbed Natsu's hand and dragged him out of the guild, to the train station.