Dead or Alive

This book is super long!! I didn't think it would be this long, I just hope it doesnt seem like I am drawing it out. It still has many chapters to go before we even get to the big climax so hold on, I swear we'll get there.

I dedicate this chapter to Miranda_Gurney !

Please give me feed back!
*******************************

Natsu laid in extreme anguish, his own energy and power being drained from his body. But the more he tried to stop it, the worse the pain became. The only thing he could do was stay there and hope it would all end soon.

But then what? What would happen after it was over? Would they leave them alone, surely not. He could only hope for the best, that they would get out of this alive.

Slowly he felt the pain subside, and the tension in his body decrease. His eyes opened to see the flow of magic coming from his body get smaller and smaller. Relief and a feeling of exhaustion filled his entire being, his breathing became hard and heavy. A thick layer of sweat coated his skin as he starred at the sky, everything swirling and fuzzy.

The force-field started to dissolve and he heard stomping of feet coming from all sides, but he could barely concentrate on anything his brain was going in and out of focus. Screaming and the smell of blood filled the air, soldiers flooded what was left of the guild.

"Natsu!!" He heard his name, but before he even registered what was happening he was lifted into the air by unknown hands and carried away, far away.

He felt wind in his hair, cooling off his tired bones. Then he was set gently down in something soft, like grass. He opened his eyes to see trees tops starring down at him, birds chirping in his ears and a blue head crying over him.

"Happy?" He talked to the small blue head.

"Natsu! Your alive!" Happy sobbed, in both joy and sadness.

Natsu agreed, he was glad he was alive, but something wasn't right. Something was missing, someone. Then it hit him, worse than all the pain he had just went through.

"Luce!!" He sat straight up, despite all his aching muscles. "Happy, you have to go back and get her! Get her right now!"

"But-"

"No 'buts', just please!" Natsu begged, tears leaked from his eyes.

Hesitant and scared, Happy did as he was told and flew off to get Lucy. He was gone for a long time, all the while Natsu couldn't stop thinking about what could have happened to her. She could have been hurt, killed or maybe something possibly worse! Hundreds of scenarios jumbled around his head, all made sense, but he hoped none really happened.

Then he heard the feint sound of flapping and as Natsu looked through the trees, he saw Happy carrying a limp girl. This girl was most definitely Luce. He flew her down and laid her down in the grass next to Natsu.

He scooped Lucy up and embraced her sleeping body, her face soft and delicate.She had some scrapes, bruises and of corse the fatigue of the test, but she would be fine. Joy filled him, they were alive. They were okay and would see tomorrow.

"Thank you Happy." Natsu sniffed his tears back.

He sat against the trunk of a large tree, Lucy snug in his lap and happy at his side. He felt like this was the way life was supposed to be, not running and fighting all the time. But to he happy and to stay with the people you love. Slowly Natsulet his eyes droop. They bobbed up and down until they found their firm position as closed and fell asleep.