Into the Field

It is the night right now and I am super tired, but I have to update, so there will most likely be lots of mistakes in my spelling and stuff. So oops, thats my fault!

I dedicate this chapter to BlazingScarlet!

Sury baut mi gammer isues... ^-^

********************************************

It was warm, really warm. It was a cozy and comfortable heat, Lucy wanted to grasp it and never let it go. But for some reason it was solid and preventing her from moving! She opened her eyes to see pink, until her vision cleared she saw Natsu's head. His whole face was squashed into her chest and arms wrapped around her waist, even his legs were tangled with hers! What was wrong with this guy? He clearly didn't follow the rule, somebody was sleeping on the floor tonight!

"Natsu!" She thrashed and tried to kick him off, but he didn't budge or even wake. If anything his grip got tighter! "Natsu, get off me!"

He just groaned, and gripped her closer to him.

Inching her way closer to the edge of the bed, she gripped the side and pulled with all her might. With an accidental play of events they both fell to the ground, Natsu on top of her crushing her to the floor. All the wind was knocked out of her lungs, she gasped for breathe as Natsu started to fidget on top of her.

Natsu noticed Lucy was on the ground below him, she looked out of breath and red.

"Hey, whats wrong?" He asked oblivious to the whole situation.

"You...idiot..." The coughed violently.

He immediately sat up, realizing the position they were in, applying apologies.

"You blew your chance, and we officially take turns sleeping on the bed." She pointed a finger.

"Awwww. No fair!" He wined.

"Yes fair! You didn't listen to the rules so I get the bed first."

He just snorted in annoyance.

Lucy stood from her position on the floor and stretched her tired arms.

"Well, its time to get ready for the day. Its your first time on the field so get all geared up...or whatever. I am going to shower."

She strode to the small bathroom and locked the door behind her. Taking off her clothes she examined herself in the mirror, she never really liked her physical appearance, she always thought her eyes were too big, thighs too big and skin too pale. She shook off her thoughts and stepped into the hot water. When she got out she changed back into her dirty ragged gray and black clothes. But she did have one thing that she got from home, it was a leather belt, this held her keys snuggly in place right at her hip. Tying her hair into cute little pig-tails to keep it out of the way while she fought, she was ready for her fight.

But now that she had a partner she was bound to get a harder opponent, each person is given an opponent that has similar strength level as their own. She was always given easy, single people. But now this was going to change with Natsu. How strong was he? What kind of power does a "dragon slayer" have? Where did his dragon go? Where has he been since his Dragon left? All these question filled her head.

As Lucy stepped out of the small dorm bathroom she saw Natsu lying on the bed, snuggling with the blankets, wonder plastered to his face.

"What are you doing?" She asked in disbelief.

"Fluffy..." He sighed.

"Well, the sooner we leave the sooner you can get back to the blankets." She shook her head.

Natsu reluctantly set the blankets and pillows back on the bed and walked over to Lucy, all ready to set out.

"Well, lets go!" She rushed him out the door.

Both Natsu and Lucy were making the long jaunt towards the battle field, it only takes about 15 minuets. As they walked they talked about random topics, like Natsu's foster father Igneel, Lucy's childhood before the guild and even the weather came up! But now only silence lingered in the air as the soft wind blew in the glow of the morning sun rise. At the time they had woken up it was far before dawn, but now the sky was just starting to show that first sign of day.

"Luce! Look it looks like the sky is full of fire!" Natsu held his arms wide up to the horizon.

Lucy, seeing this mostly every morning had come accustom to the beauty of the sun, to dread it even. This rising of the sun only meant one thing, a new day and more opportunities for innocent mages to die without a real cause.

She only smiled lightly at him and nodded.

"Whats wrong, Luce?" He asked.

"Huh? Nothing, sorry. Just tired I guess." She lied.

He shrugged his shoulder and kept walking.

Slowly but surely they approached the battling grounds, these grounds was one big huge area that used to be part of Fiore, but now was evacuated and used as nothing but fighting. Fiore's borders were being pushed back everyday and they could only evacuate so many people to so many "safe" places. The battle grounds were filled with recked buildings, flattened forests and the ruins of once was bustling beautiful city.

Lucy remembers coming here as a child before it had been over run, it was quite the sight to behold, but now there was absolutely nothing glorious about it.

"Natsu, this way." She lead him to the "commanders" tent. This was where they find out who their match would be.

Scared for the upcoming events she strode confidently with hidden hesitance into the canopy tent.