Chapter 5 - Days Like These

It started to rain, early in the morning. As Kira stirred, she could tell it was going to be one of those days.

One of those days where she wouldn't leave the house, where she wouldn't talk to anybody. Instead she would sulk around her apartment, remembering every moment from her childhood.

This happened rarely when it was raining, but it happened enough that Kira could detect when it was happening.

She got up out of bed, she grabbed a pair of clothes, without really paying attention. She ended up grabbing the gray hoodie that Jimin gave her, and that she had yet to return.

Her mind immediately jumped to the day before, to lunch.

. . .

Kira was enjoying spending time with her new friends. They didn't mind that there was new person with them.

Kira kept stealing glances at the man sitting next to her, Park Jimin. Her ears felt hot anytime that they would talk.

She tapped his shoulder and quietly said something so only he could hear, "Can we talk privately?"

Jimin nodded, he looked confused.

Looking at his confused state, Kira smiled and got up. She headed towards the bathroom, and not to long after Jimin followed her.

"What's up?" Jimin asked, still very confused.

Kira panicked. She originally planned to confess her feelings, but she just couldn't. She couldn't find the words. Instead he ears got hot, and her cheeks turned pink.

"Um, I-I still have your hoodie if you want it." Kira blurted out, immediately wanting to slap herself.

Jimin's face fell, he thought it was going to be something else, "No, you can keep it, I have other hoodies."

"Uh, okay, well I'm gonna go into the restroom now, I'll meet you back at the table?"

Jimin nodded. He walked away, feeling hurt. He really thought she would maybe have the same feelings that he did. But it seemed as if she didn't...

. . .

Kira groaned at her stupidity. She couldn't have just said it, she had to act like a fool. Now thing were definitely more awkward between her and Jimin and she absolutely hated it.

She grabbed a quick shower. After that she changed into Jimin's hoodie and the black leggings she grabbed.

Laying back down on her bed, Kira's mind was jumping all over the place. To her childhood, to the first time she saw Jimin, to screwing things up with Jimin for the second time, and probably not the last. Tears finally welled up in her eyes, and a single tear fell.

She checked her phone, that she hadn't checked all morning. She noticed a couple missed messages from Jungkook, and then she noticed a text from Jimin.

"Hey, I want to talk to you about something, can I come over?"

Kira sighed, wiping the tear off her face and replying with a "sure" and turning off her phone again.

Forgetting she looked like an absolute reck, not puting on any makeup and wearing the most "I'm going to do nothing all day" outfit ever, she got up and into her kitchen.

In the current mood she was in, she knew she didn't want to cook anything. Instead, she grabbed the strawberries and blueberries that were starting in her fridge, and placed them on the counter. Grabbing a couple other fruits, she started making a fruit salad.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Kira put down the knife she was using to cut the strawberries and answered the door.

When she opened it, she that handsome man that she had grown to like more and more as the weeks went by.

His face looked pained, like a lot was on his mind. He was frowning slightly, and his eyes looked sorrowful.

Kira's expression wasn't much happier either. She had an unbearable headache from all the thinking and reliving the past that she had been doing.

"H-hey Kira." Jimin greeted quietly.

"Jimin, whats wrong?" Kira asked, letting Jimin into her home.

"I-I can't stop thinking. My mind is racing and I needed someone to talk to."

"Can't you talk to one of the boys?" Kira asked, sitting down at the table that was in her kitchen.

Jimin sat down across from her, "I needed to talk to you."

"Then please, tell me what's wrong."

"My mind feels like it's going to explode. I've been anxious and worried all day and I can't seem to stop it."

"It's days like these." Kira replied, "It happens to me too, don't worry though, it'll be over tomorrow, that's what I've always told myself."

"I've tried telling myself that, but I couldn't. I couldn't when I knew I could do something about it. That's when I texted you."

"I- w- what is it then, I'm here now."

"I know I told you I could wait, but it's been two days, and I can't stop think about you and what happened at the park and my feelings and I've been trapped in my own brain and I-"

"Jimin, I have an answer. I wanted to tell you yesterday but I couldn't. I should've known that it would hurt you. I'm so stupid to think that you weren't tearing yourself apart. Jimin, I do like you. I have since we bumped into each other for the first time. I should've told you that night but I never did, and I'm sorry."

A smile crept onto his face. Kira felt tears forming in her ears, and looked away from the boy in front of her, trying her best not to cry. When a tear finally rolled down her cheek Jimin got up and walked over to her.

"It's okay, don't cry." He reassured.

He wiped the tear away, crouching down so he could look at Kira's face. Their faces close together, he stared at her lips. He closed the gap between them, their lips touching.

Jimin's hand was still on her cheek, where her tears had been. Kira put her hand on his shoulder, making him move closer to her, the kiss getting more passionate.

She suddenly pulled away, smiling. Jimin stood up and grabbed Kira's hand.

As Kira started to stand, Jimin pulled her into a hug. She rested her head on his shoulder, feeling safe and warm in that moment. He kissed the top of her head.

"I should get going, I have dance practice today." Jimin smiled, still not pulling away from the hug.

Kira nodded, "I won't hold you back, just tell me when you're done, okay?"

"Okay."

Kira kissed his cheek before he left.

She walked back over to her strawberries, with the largest smile on her face.