V

Devonnes POV.
September 17, 2008.
8:00 PM

We're all sitting down at the dinner table quietly. The girl is coming to live with us today. Well that's what I and everyone else was told. Everyone was being awkward and we didn't know what to expect. Did she have tattoos? Does she look exactly like me? Is she fat? Is she ugly? Is she prettier than me? I'm so nervous to meet her. And i know Selena is too because she literally has a bunch of questions to ask her. She gave me a page full of questions to ask her, which I found cute but i got scared. Like what if Selena starts to feel less apart of the family now. Shes going to be more related to us than the new chick.

"So what does this girl look like?" I hear Dallas blurt out. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.
"We still haven't seen her dumbass." I spat out, annoyed. I don't know, when i think of this chick i feel alright about it. but as soon as someone bring her up my stomach turns.

"I wasn't talking to you dumbass." she said mimicing me.
"Mom and dad has a picture of her." she added on. what? they didn't show us a picture. I turned to look at Selena and we both turned towards them.

My mom scoffed and put her fork down.
"I didn't show you guys the picture because I wanted it to be a surprise." She said smiling.
"So I'm guessing she looks exactly like Dev." Selena said annoyed and started stabbing her peas with a fork. I looked down and thought about it for a minute. Well, twins can be fraturnal. and some fratunal twins has one ugly one and one gorgeous one. I looked up and smiled.
"Shes probably ugly. We could be fraturnal twins, and you know what they say. Theres always an ugly one and a cute one, and we all know i'm just beautiful." i said flipping my hair and smiling. I heard all my sisters laugh and I looked up at my mom. She just sighed. I feel bad for my mom. She doesn't even want anymore kids, why even keep her if she was already in a foster system thing?

"I mean, do we actually have to keep her? shes already in the state system so she has a home and to make it all better, she only has 3 years to go to get her own place. So it seems like no big deal." Selena said with her mouth full. I nodded.
"She has a point, our lives won't change and it won't be this awkward anymore."

"Enough." My dad slammed his hand down on the table.
"Don't be mean. That's your sister you're talking about and she's beautiful. You guys are going to be nice to her. From what we've heard, she's been through a lot and you guys taunting her isn't going to be easy for her." he added on. I looked down and pushed my plate away from me. suddenly i'm not so hungry anymore.

"I'm sorry." i heard selena say
"It's fine, just be nice." My mom told her.

"I'm sorry too." I said. I looked up at my parents and they just nodded.

"Are you going to love the new kid more than us?" Madison chimed in. I wanted to groan but they'd bitch at me.

"We love you all equally and it will be the same for he-" My dad was cut off by the door bell ringing. She must be here.
"That's proabably her." Mom said while getting up. I looked at my sisters and we all looked at eachother with flushed faces.

"It'll all be okay." My heart pounded a little harder. I watched my mom and dad walk to the door and open it. They began talking to some lady, probably her case worker. I tried making out what she was saying but i got destracted by my sisters conversation. I turned back around to them,

"We should shun her." Sel told me, i nodded my head in agreement and looked at madison and Dallas. Madison shrugged and continued eating.
"Give her a chance.. We don't know what she's been through. Lets at least get to know her." i sighed

"Oh!" I heard my mom yelp, we all turned around and saw her hugging a girl with dark black hair. I couldn't see her face, she was wearing a black shirt and sweats going down to her calvs. She also had black sneakers. Her skin was pale white. This girl really needs a tan. I turned back to my sisters quick and they were all looking down. None of us dared to look at her, it would be way too weird for her to look exactly like me, just lighter skin tone and black hair. My hair is brown and I have a tan. I can't imagine looking pale with black hair. Since she has black hair i'm assuming she was allowed to dye her hair cause none of us were born with black hair, Which is not fair. I've been totally wanting to dye my hair blonde forever but mom always says no because "hair dye ruins beautiful hair" I mean i ca-