IV

Demis POV
September 17
4:56 PM

         "Demetria, it's time to go." I heard my caseworker, Lucy call me.
My entire time being an Orphan and I've had 4 case workers. My first one, Nina had too many kids on her and she had to drop a few. The second one, Joanna got pregnant and had to go on maternity league. The third one, was Janet. She was so sweet, but she was old and started getting problems. Heart attacks, diabetes, cholesterol. She couldn't deal with all that and homeless kids, so she had to choose. Obviously she chose herself. And case worker number four was a 20 year old girl who's name i never bothered to remember because i already knew she was going to get laid off. She was a "party kid" who would come to work high and set me and other girls on appointments with families who get high every night and spend their pay check to paycheck money, buying coke. Being a case worker means not to send your cases to people who are higher than the fucking planes. She lasted with us believe it or not at least six months. Incredible how they let anyone work with things these sensitive these days right?
And now, here we are with Lucy, My newest case worker. She's around 30, and was assigned to me about three weeks ago. She seems nice, but she's swamped with work. I told her it's okay if she drops my case right before we found out about this entire switch thing and she told me, "There's no way in hell I'm going to let you suffer anymore." I stood up from my bed and looked around, taking in the picture one last time. I may hate it with all my heart here, but i practically grew up here. I might be back, but then again you never know. I looked at the time and siged. 5:00. I walked to the staircase and at the bottom I saw my best friend, Maia. I gave her a sad smile and walked down to her, giving her a tight hug.

"Don't worry about me, I'm getting adopted soon, And I'll visit  you as soon as i can. I promise." She pulled away and smiled. I nodded at her and took a deep breath. "I'll miss you." I signed to her. 
"I'll miss you too." She said and kissed my cheek. I looked at Lucy, who was at the door and sighed. I waved bye to Maia and followed Lucy to the car.

------

I really wish I never aked them to do those dna tests and look for family. I really feel like I'm going to be a huge problem in this families life.
All I know about them is that, they have four kids and both parents are involved. The dad is some kind of manager for famous people and the mom is a house wife. Even though this family is my "real family" I still have to get adopted by them, so basically it's not official for me to stay there.

"Demi." I picked up my head and looked at Lucy. 

"I know I've only known you a short time. I've read through your file once and not much was in it. Do you mind telling me a few things?"

My file says nothing about me or my past or me being mute. It should really say i'm mute,  I'm never going to talk again. I should just tell her I'm mute. I looked at my signer, Evan and thought of something to say. He knows almost everything about me. He's just always with me and i trust him. He spit swore he wouldn't tell anyone including the caseworkers and everyone on my case. 

"Don't sign this.." I told him. he nodded. This is the longest signer I've ever had, he's like 20. Totally cute, but he's not into me. I'm "Too young" for him (and he has a girlfriend which sucks even more). But he's like my bestfriend. Everyone was against them pairing him with me because he was a guy but he's the only person who i've really ever opened up to. They only kept him because I actually "got happier" when i was around him.

"i don't want to stay with this family." I told him.
"Why not? They're your family. and they love you." I rolled my eyes.
"They don't love me. they don't even know me. They have another daughter who they thought was me, they love her. I'm just a stranger to them and that's all that i'll ever be." My heart began beating faster. Talking/ well signing about it is hard. thinking about this is hard. It gets me sad.

"They'll love you, and when they meet and get to know you, they'll love you even more. don't doubt yourself. You're an amazing person." I smiled and gave him a hug. Lucy scoffed, trying to get our attention.

"So are you going to tell me about yourself? I rather hear from the person themself than read about what they feel is wrong with you." i siged.

"Well, my name is Demetria not Demi, but you probably already know that." I watched Evans lips move as he told her.

"I'm mute. They think I'm really not, but I'm mute. I can't talk even if i tried. Which i have." Evan looked at me sort of disappointed,  but said it anyways. He knows i only lie when i really feel it's important to me. I looked at Lucy and she just nodded her head. 

"Any personal things you want me to tell the family, or not tell?" She asked me.

"Tell them i am a mute. not that they think i'm mute but i am seriously a mute." I gulped. Evan shook his head, and told her. She nodded once again

"Just don't tell them anything if they don't ask for it." I told him. I don't even have to look at her to know she was nodding.

-------------------------

Demis POV.
September 17
8:30 PM

"Demi, wake up. We're here." I heard Evan tell me and shake me a bit. I squinted open my eyes a little bit to protect them from the beaming sun, but there's no sun. I looked at the time and it read 8:30. Damn that was a long ass drive. Where even are we. 

"Where are we?" I signed him.

"At your new familys home." he said, smiling. I rolled my eyes and sat up. 
"I don't wanna go in. Let's runaway." I signed smiling big.

"Let's meet your new family." He got out the car and began helping Lucy take out my bags. My heart began pounding for the second time today. This is really happening. I'm really getting a new family. This could either be permanate or an hi nice to meet you and bye thing. I stepped out the car and looked around the neighborhood. It looks friendly. The houses are huge here. these people must be big shots. and obnoxious. I sighed and looked at my reflection on the car window. While fixing my hair I felt Lucy's hand on my shoulder.

"Let's get going girl. Time to meet your new family."