Chapter 7

Augustus's P.O.V

"Thank you so much for this opportunity sir" she politely says then leaves. I don't know if I said the wrong thing or if my tone was too harsh because she seemed nervous as if I was going to turn her down. I bought the Starbucks on purpose. I didn't like her working in a ragged store such as that. 

I remember when she was looking into my eyes I felt a spark, I was instantly attracted to her. She has pretty light hazel eyes and the way her soft brown hair flows when she walks and how- I was interrupted from my thoughts when my right-hand man Octavious walks in. 

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice booming with authority. "Well Augustus, I heard a few people up here talking about your new PA, Daniella is it? he says with a smirk. "Get out of my office you retard" He scoffs "I am so hurt, that's no way to talk to your best friend". 

Octavious was my one and only best friend, we grew up together, went to school together, and when I built my huge empire, I hired him. I know he's always going to be there for me no matter what. 

"I said get out Octavious" I say with a little sternness in my voice. "Of course boss" he said and playfully rolled his eyes and turns around to walk out before I stop him. 

"Octavious wait" He replied with "Hm?" "Find all the information that you can on Daniella Adams and come back to me immediately" I say. "I'm on it" he says then leaves.

 I don't know what she's doing to me, it's like she's stuck in my head and I can't get her out of it. I'm supposed to be cold-hearted but she's making me feel something. I have so much work to do but I can't get her off my mind. 

Frustrated, I buzz Anna on the intercom. "Cancel all of my meetings today and you can go home early" "Thank you sir" she says before I hang up. 

I grab my stuff and head to my private elevator that leads to the car garage where my beautiful, sleek, black Porsche is parked. I sit my stuff in the seat next to me, then I sit down in the driver's seat and take a deep breath. 

I start the car and I drive away. I don't know why but I have the urge to know where Daniella is and what she's doing. I can't be getting attached but something is different about her and it's pulling me in.

 As I pull up to my mansion, I press a button and the front gate opens. I'm so proud of my assets. My mom would be so proud. My mother died when I was very young and I never really had the chance to know her so my dad raised me for the most of my childhood. 

As I enter my driveway, I can see my two most trusted bodyguards, Lucio, and Max, short for Maxwell standing near the front door. I park my car and walk up to them. I give both of them a firm handshake. 

They both nod in agreement. I open my front door and the scent of lasagna hits my nose. I walk to the kitchen to see Rose, my maid and chef cooking up some food. She notices me and says "Oh, hello sir, I didn't know you would be home this early" she holds her head down. 

"You can look at me Rose, and that food smells delicious, is it lasagna?" I ask. "Yes sir and thank you" she gives me a soft smile. "I'll be upstairs " I tell her and she nods. I make my way up the stairs, I pass by 5 rooms until I get to my bedroom. 

My room is very dark compared to the other rooms here. I have a dark grey wallpaper and a little white here and there, my bed-sheets are black, so is my dresser and many other things. I don't think dark colors are my thing, I only like them because it's simple and vague. There's not too much depth to it. 

I start to take my suit and my watch off when I hear my phone ring, it's Octavious. "What do you have for me?" I ask. "I just sent you an email with all of her information" he says. Damn this guy is great at finding stuff. "Thanks" I say. "Anytime" and with that he hung up. 

I open the email that he sent me. I sit on the edge of my bed while I read it. She's a more complex person than I thought

When I finish reading through her information I put my phone on my dresser. I'm really tired, I think I'll skip dinner and go to sleep instead. With that, I laid on-top of my covers and stared at the ceiling, "I'll see you soon Daniella" I said before I fell asleep.