Chapter 12

Augustus's P.O.V

I sit back in my chair and run my fingers through my hair. I sigh. I can't believe I came onto her like that, what was I thinking?! I was thinking with my dick, that's what is was. 

I can remember that little moan she let out and my god did it sound heavenly. I wonder what it would sound like with her beneath me moaning my name. 

Meanwhile, I've been avoiding her for 2 whole days. I really need to see her. All my thoughts are interrupted when Octavious comes barging into my office. 

"Can't you fucking knock?" I say out of frustration. It's not just regular frustration, it's sexual frustration. "Sorry man, I just came to drop these off" he says sitting a box of doughnuts on my desk. I avert my gaze to the ceiling falling back into my thoughts. 

Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. "You okay? You seem really spaced out, more than usual." he says. "Yeah everything's just fine" I reply. He looks at me suspiciously for a moment then says. "It's Dani isn't it" I look at him blankly. He widens his eyes. 

"So it is her! What did she do? Or better yet, what did YOU do?" he asks. I don't have time for his pestering questions. I swivel around in my chair, my back facing him. "So you're just not gonna talk? I'm not leaving until you spill what happened between you two." he says while he grabs a donut. 

I swivel back around to face him, I take a deep breath before I say anything. "I kissed her" I say blankly. He looks like a reindeer who got stopped with headlights. His eyes are bulging out of his head."You did what" "I went to her house yesterday and I kissed her...again" I state. 

The memory flashes back in my mind, it starts to turn me on. "You did what?!!!". "I kissed her again and I avoided her for 2 days, I feel like a complete dick" I say running my fingers through my hair. 

"And you should" he says with no sympathy in his voice. "Well, if you see her with another guy, don't be jealous because you pushed her away". he says patting my shoulder. He grabs one more donut then he gets up and leaves.

Daniella's P.O.V

Augustus has been avoiding me for 2 days, he hasn't even mentioned the kiss. He's never even looked at me or spoken to me. If he just going to ignore he fact that that happened? He needs to stop being suck a rude, arrogant, selfish prick. 

I sigh.I'm laying down on my bed watching YouTube when I hear the doorbell ring. It startles me and I accidentally drop my phone on my face. Ughhh I hate when that happens. 

I rub the bridge of my nose and get up to go to the door. I make my way down the steps. "Who is it" I ask. "It's Gianna, open the door". I open the door and see Gianna standing there with a beautiful red velvet cake and some balloons that say "Congrats" on them. 

"What's all this for G?" "Luke told me that you got the job at King INC and I wanted to tell you congrats, sorry I'm a few days late". I smile, I have the best best-friend in the whole wide world. "You can sit the cake on the table" I say with a smile as she comes in.

We both sit down and start talking and finishing up our slices of cake when my phone rings. "I'll be right back G" I say and rush up the steps to grab my phone. When I look at who's calling I see it's Augustus. I wonder what he wants. Images of what happened yesterday start floating through my mind. I start to blush. I pick up the phone with shaky hands. I answer the call. "Hello Augustus" 

"Daniella" he says cordially.

"What can I help you with?" I ask trying to keep my voice as authoritative as possible.

"I wanted to know if it was alright for me to come and pick you up later tonight" he says in his raspy voice.

"May I ask what for?"

"Just a simple meetup" he says and hangs up.

I just stand there in the middle of my bedroom, completely confused. Where is he going to take me? What if he's trying to kill me? Is he just going to act like he never kissed me? Does he have any feeling towards me? I plop down on my bed and sigh. I think I'm going to take a nap so that I'm ready for later on tonight. I close my eyes and the darkness consumes me.