Chapter 23

Augustus's P.O.V

It's been 2 days since I saw Daniella, she's been in her room ever since we had our argument. I think it's time I go talk to her. 

I have to tell her about my past. I've never been this crazy about a woman before. She really was different.

 People like her are very rare to find. She has every right to know everything about me. It's time I tell her everything.

I'm feeling really conflicted though. I want to go and tell her everything, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm being such a coward right now.

Maybe I should give her another day to figure things out. No, I should go and talk to her. I run my hands through my hair in frustration as I pace back and forth in my room.

 I rush to my dresser and grab my phone. I was going to call her, but I decided to text her instead. 

Augustus: Hey babygirl, are you okay?

Read 11:27am

Damn, I must have really hurt her for her to leave me on read. My heart aches. 

I really want to go talk to her but I don't want to hurt her more than I already have. I lay back on my bed and hold my head. What am I gonna do?

***1 day later***

Augustus's P.O.V

I wake up and a realized Dani isn't here in my bed with me. I sigh. I know what I have to do. I get up and go to my bathroom and take a shower.

 When I'm done, I go over to my closet and pick out a comfy outfit. I grab my phone and I call her. It goes to voicemail. 

"Hey baby, I just wanted to know if it was okay if I came over to your room. We need to talk" I say as I leave a message. I await her answer. While I'm waiting, I decide to text her. 

Augustus: Hey baby, can I please come in and talk to you?

Read 1:35pm

I look intently at my screen waiting for her to respond. I hate being left on read. Then I see 3 bubbles indicting that she was typing. Suspense is hanging over me. Then she finally replies.

Daniella: Yes, you can. Just let me wash and get dressed. :)

YES. She said I can some and see her I bump my fist in the air in a victory dance. I jump on my bed and I grin like a little kid.

 I knew she would come around. I think I'll wait until she calls me or something then I'll go and see her. I might take a little nap before then. I close my eyes and all I can think about is Dani.