♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️

Start from the beginning

Jake stands directly in front of me, looking down at me with a glow in his eyes and a thousand-watt smile that makes me smile back.

But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

Jake places his hand gently on my waist and pulls me closer to him. My breath hitches as he moves me.

He rests his forehead against mine and starts to sway.

What if we rewrite the stars?

He swings me into a dip

Say you were made to be mine

He brings his head down to mine so that our foreheads are touching again.

Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find

He pulls me up from the dip and in one swift motion, he spins me out.

It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be

When he pulls me back from the spin, he places his hands on my waist he lifts me up with a smile making me swoon.

So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

He slowly brings me back to the ground as the song fades out from the loudspeakers.

I stare up at Jake, my heart was beating a million miles a minute.

"Nicole will you be my date to the winter formal?" He asks in a soft but confident voice.

The biggest smile forms at my lips, "Yes! Of course!"

His smile becomes even bigger as he lifts me up one more time.

Once my feet were firmly on the ground, he gently places his lips onto mine and the whole hallway cheers.

I completely forgot we had 'an audience'.

I pull back with a beat red face.

"That's my best friend! That's my best friend!" Alice shouts with a cheer.

I let out a laugh as I bury my head into Jake's shirt. He places his hand on my head and I could hear him let out a breath of relief.

Alice skips over to us while clapping, "I love you two!"

"Hey stop you, kids!" I hear an angry teacher shout from down the hall.

Moments later Dan, Dylan, and Asher come sprinting from the corner - while laughing their heads - followed by a teacher who is chasing after them.

They sprint down the hall past us and Jake is laughing his head off. The teacher gives up, stops, and shouts at the boys with a heavy breath "I don't want to see you boys in that office again!" The teacher shakes his head and walks away.

When the teacher was out of sight the boys come flying back to us, "That was the best!!!" Dan laughs.

"We locked him out of the office with the loudspeaker," Dylan adds.

"I can still hear him yelling, you kids!" Asher cracks up.

We stand there watching the boys laugh their heads off.

"Like your little surprise Nicole?" Dan asks with a smile.

"We watched you guys over the hall monitor and the face you made says yes," Dylan laughs.

Moments later the principle comes marching down the hallway, "Dan, Dylan, and Asher. Detention."

The boys start laughing again and the principle looks so confused.