Ch.11 A proposal

"Follow me," he said and took her hand

"Follow me," he said and took her hand. It was unmistakable that Li Xue and the man never met before, nor had any connection.

***

The man was in his mid thirties With a builded body just like those weightlifters in the modern times. His gaze was tough and his hands rough. No one dares to mess with this man, Li Xue thought.

But no one ever thought, that the man had a pain heavier than a mountain. Which is the sole reason he worked so hard to make himself one of the strongest men, to protect the ones he loves.

They walked far into the mountain and when the man spotted what he was searching for, he tells Li Xue and Bai Zheng to shush down and pointed at the cottage. They hid behind the trees to inspect the situation, there was an unusual cottage that was guarded by two men dressed in black.

Li Xue and Bai Zheng both looked at each other in confusion, the man noticed that and started to unravel to them with his wobbly voice. „They took my wife and my child from me."

„Who are they?" Li Xue asked.

„They are kidnapers and slave traders." he confessed, his eyes flashed with anger and resentment.

Li Xue was bewildered by his short words that were tough to decode," Can you please explain to me all the details and the situation first?" she requested.

Why would they kidnap a married woman and her child, it's not like she is a virgin or the kid a grown man to do heavy work, all the kids know is to cause trouble. And looking at this mans behavior this definitely is not the first time this has happened. Li Xue pondered.

„Miss, you sure are unusual. Don't you know that we, the people of dark color are the most discriminated. No one loves us because of that." He clenched his hands into fists to control his anger and continues,

„Our families get bullied everyday, especially the weak women and the kids. People curse them upon sight, beat them up, throw rocks at them and do many painful things that I dare not mention," he responds.

„But hasn't the law helped you? Shouldn't they imprison those people for doing such inhumane things to your people?" Li Xue was at loss for words, she stood rooted to the ground.

In her times, people were racist of course but they were put in their places by other people that supported all people of color. But this... This was too much to handle, the poor children, women, elderly and men suffer for such thing, just because of their beautiful dark skin color.

Li Xue was one of the supporters and her heart aches whenever she heard about these kind of situations. „God made us with colors, and every color is majestic on it's own" is what she believes.