46

"Happy Mother's Day!"

Quinn opened her eyes and smiled at Puck and Beth.

"Thank you." Quinn said, sitting up as Beth climbed onto the bed.

"We made you breakfast." Puck stated as he set the tray of food down on his nightstand. He leaned in and kissed Quinn. "Happy Mother's Day, Q. I love you."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled when they parted. "I love you."

"Love you, Mama." Beth added as she climbed on top of Quinn and kissed her cheek.

"I love you, B." Quinn smiled. "Thanks for letting me be your mom."

Beth smiled back. "You're welcome."

Quinn and Puck laughed lightly.

"We brought you bacon and eggs. And some fruit." Puck told Quinn. "So eat up and then we'll see what we're doing for the day."

Quinn nodded. "I'm perfectly fine with doing this all day. Just being with you and Beth and relaxing."

"Whatever you want." Puck nodded back. "It's your day."

Quinn smiled as she started eating, sharing the fruit with Beth and Puck.

When Quinn finished breakfast, Puck cleaned up and returned to his room.

"Alright." Puck said. "I'm gonna finish my last two assignments for Doosenbury's class and then I'm all yours. Whatever you want for the rest of the day."

"Beth and I are gonna watch a movie while you finish up." Quinn decided. "And then I'm gonna stretch and try walking."

Puck nodded. "I'll help you."

"Finish homework first."

-

When Puck was done with his schoolwork, he put his things away and joined Quinn and Beth on his bed.

"The movie just ended." Quinn informed Puck as she sat up.

"What now?" Beth wondered.

"Mama's gonna practice walking." Puck told Beth as he got up. He gently took Quinn's hands.

With Puck's help, Quinn carefully stood up.

Puck held onto her hands. "Whenever you're ready, try to take a step forward."

Quinn nodded. She took a deep breath as she slowly dragged her right foot forward. She repeated the action with her left foot.

"You're doing it, babe!" Puck said excitedly.

Quinn shook her head. "I'm not."

"You are!" Beth exclaimed as she clapped her hands.

Quinn smiled slightly as she lifted her right leg and took a step forward.

"Alright, now you're doing it." Puck grinned proudly. "No need to show off."

"Shut up." Quinn laughed as she and Puck continued. She took a few more steps before pausing.

Puck squeezed her hands. "Wanna take a break? And sit down?"

Quinn shook her head. "I wanna keep going."

"Are you sure?" Puck asked.

"Yeah."