11. As her heart stopped beating

A/n: Hello readers! Plug in your earphones and play the saddest music on your playlist.
Ps: It would be much better if you played the song '2U' cover by Jeon Jungkook.

Oneshot: Jungkook's POV

As the sun begins to slowly rise, painting the sky with hues of golden light, we find ourselves sitting in our favorite spot. With her leaning gently against me, I wrap my arms around her from behind, feeling the warmth of her presence. 

I ran my fingers through her silky hair. In this beautiful moment, a sense of sadness floods over me, as I realize that this sunrise may mark our final chapters. Making this short yet meaningful bond in our hearts forever.

"Love, I have a question..." I shifted my gaze to her, but she was only staring at the sun.

"Hmm, what is it?" I whispered into her ears before hugging her tighter. 

I would cherish every second I have left with her until she is breathing the same air as I am. Until she is still safe in my hands.

"Why do you love me?" She asked and faced me. 

I stared directly at her eyes, which were filled with emotions that may end at any minute. I gently painted a bitter smile on my lips and breathed deeply before speaking.

"Y/N, baby... I believe there is a reason why the ship is floating in the ocean, as well as an explanation for why the earth is moving." I paused and stared at her, wanting to memorize every single detail of her face. 

Then, with a gentle movement, I held her cheeks and softly pressed my lips against hers. Remembering her taste. Making this last moment with her memorable.

"You make me feel like I can be the person I've always wanted to be. You are my reason to smile, my source of strength, and my endless source of love." I stated in a soft voice.

I felt my entire universe crumble when I saw a tear fall from her eyes. I immediately wiped it with my thumb.

"Shhh, stop crying, baby..." I chuckled lightly, attempting to comfort her even though my heart was slowly tearing apart.

Fuck that decease, Fuck every hindrance to our story. I can't even picture myself without her; I'm not sure how I'd survive if she were gone.

"I'm so lucky I met a man like you." She smiled. A dazzling display of pure joy and warmth had the remarkable ability to effortlessly melt the hearts of everyone, including me.

"Saranghae." My heart skipped a beat as she said that word. She snuggled back into my chest, and I placed my arms around her.

"I love you too, Y/N." But my smile faded as reality struck me once more; knowing that this could be the final time I could speak those words to her broke my heart.

"Love, I have another question." She stated while playing with the tips of my fingers.

"What is it, baby?" I asked in a sweet tone. She took a breath in before speaking.

"Do you believe in the next life? Some people refer to it as 'reincarnation' and believe that when a person dies, his or her soul will find another body after a certain number of years. If that is true, I want you and me, to meet again and fall in love with each other, so that we can have a happy ending in our next existence."

My tears began to fall, and I couldn't help but let them roll down my cheeks. It hurts me that she'll leave me, and I hate that I can't do anything to stop it. If I could only stop time, I would. I brushed my tears away from my face. I don't want her to see me cry.

"Love, could you sing for me? I want to hear your voice before I l-leave." Her voice broke, and her hands loosened their grip. "Jungkook, I-I love you." I hugged her tighter, and she responded.

She then stared at the sun, which was about to rise as I started to sing.

"No limit in the sky that I won't fly for ya~
No amount of tears in my eyes that I won't cry for ya (for ya), oh no
With every breath that I take, I want you to share that air with me
There's no promise that I won't keep. I'll climb a mountain, there's none too steep
When it comes to you
There's no crime
Let's take both of our souls
And intertwine~"

I stopped singing before gazing at her; her eyes were closed, but I could still feel her breathing, which relieved me.

"If that is true, and if you believe in reincarnation, I would like to believe it too. I promise, sweetheart, that you are the only girl I will ever love."

At that moment, I felt frightened as her delicate fingers slowly released their hold on mine, sending fear through my entire soul. The world around me seemed to fade, as if on the brink of collapse, as the awareness of her approaching her final times shattered me.

"J-Jungkook... I love you."

"I love you too Y/N... Go on. Close your eyes. I know you're tired." Every word that has come out of my mouth has been difficult for me to utter; God knows how much I want to be with her.

At that time, her breathing stopped, her hold on my hands loosened and her entire body shut down.

I kissed her forehead before hugging her, and when the sun came out it was a new day without her.

I will wait for you, Y/N, even if it takes a million years, and if we meet again, I will make sure that we'll have our happy ending. I will only love you. You are my heart, soul, and life.

And as your heart stops beating, I will never stop hoping to meet you again.

The end.