8. Jungkook went missing

One shot

On a lazy morning, you were greeted by sun rays beaming through your half-open window, prompting you to rub your eyes. Glancing at your clock, you realized it was already 9:30 am. You reached for your phone on the bedside table, hoping for a message from Jungkook, your boyfriend, but to your disappointment, there were no messages or missed calls.

This caught your attention since he usually greets you every morning. You tried to call him, but his phone seemed to be turned off. With a sigh, you were about to place your phone back on the bedside table when a notification from Twitter popped up.

#JungkookWentMissing?

It was already trending all over the internet, causing your heart to race. You hastily opened every app—Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and many more—only to find your news feed filled with Jungkook missing.

The ARMYs started posting about where Jungkook could be. All you knew was that Jungkook was with Jimin in Japan. However, upon seeing Jimin's photos of him alone returning to Korea and reading the ARMYs' comments, it made you worry.

What's with this news?
Where is Jungkook?
Why is his phone turned off?
Why didn't he message me?
Today was the day he told me he'd be back, right?

You were now starting to question the whereabouts of your boyfriend. You tried calling Jimin to clarify your questions, but he wasn't answering his phone either. Attempting to reach out to the other members proved futile as well.

You immediately got out of bed, grabbed your towel, and took a quick shower. You planned to go to their house. It wouldn't be easy, but you were determined to try your best.

The guards refused to let you inside. People didn't know about their house; only you did. Patiently, you waited outside, contemplating your next move. Suddenly, you noticed a man in a delivery uniform from a famous foodchain carrying a paper bag. You approached him and blocked his way.

"I'm sorry, but could I borrow your uniform? Don't worry, I'll be delivering the food inside." You stated while smiling sweetly, hoping he would lend you his uniform.

"No, I'm sorry, Miss." He said as he was about to walk away, but you blocked his way again and took out your wallet. Handing him a $300 bill, his eyes widened at the sight of it before he looked at you.

And with a swift move, he was already nodding his head before taking off the jacket and his hat.

You were glad that the delivery man agreed to let you deliver the food. He was hesitant, but you assured him that you would deliver it. You felt nervous when the guard started to inspect, but you kept a straight face.

"You can drop it here; here's the mon—"

"No! I mean, there was a problem, and I need the person who ordered this so I can explain the problem to him." You lowered your voice as you spoke each word.

You heard the guy sigh before letting you in. As soon as you arrived, you immediately knocked on the door. The first person you saw was Namjoon, who was currently eating popcorn. Your eyes met his, and it made his mouth form into a circle.

"Uh, you could leave now, Gerald." Namjoon spoke up, referring to the person behind you.

Gerald was about to speak when Namjoon suddenly pulled you inside and closed the door.

"What brings you here, Y/N?" He asked, furrowing his brow

"Is Jungkook here? I saw the hashtag, and I can't reach him by phone either." You said worriedly, and as you were about to scan the room with your eyes, Namjoon suddenly covered your eyes with his hands.

"Namjoon-ah!" You squealed while trying to push him, then you felt your body being lifted. When they let you go, you were shocked by what you saw.

"The lights were turned off, and you couldn't see a thing, but then you noticed a faint light and slowly heard voices singing 'Happy Birthday.'"

"Saengil chukha hamnida!Saengil chukha hamnida!Saranghaneun Y/N shi!Saengil chukha hamnida!"

The lights then turned on. You saw Jungkook holding a cake in front of you, with the other members smiling next to him.

You were still in shock as you realized what had just happened. Jungkook handed the cake to J-Hope and hurriedly hugged you.

When you both parted, you punched his shoulder and looked at him angrily. He made a peace sign and smiled at you.

"Happy birthday!" he stated before kissing your cheeks.

"Sorry, honey. This was all planned. Actually, we were still setting things up here, but we ended up surprising you earlier than expected when we heard that you were here." 

You really have a good-looking sweet guy ready to spend his forever with you, and you can't stay mad at him. You truly appreciate his every effort.

"I love you Y/N."

They all started screaming and giggling, even chanting 'kiss, kiss, kiss' repeatedly.

Before you could even speak, Jungkook stopped you with his soft lips, and when he released you, you smiled.

"I love you too, honey."

The end.