MY FORGOTTEN FIANCE' Ch2

Start from the beginning

I immediately felt a bit of jealousy towards this woman who has taken over my role as mother for the amount of time I have been lying unconscious in a hospital bed. I know it is not rational to feel this way but I have yet to meet my daughter and vice-versa! I need to see her and hold her!

I got up very slowly because even though the doctors had me walking around earlier I am still a bit unsteady after having been in a bed for a whole month. Johnathan immediately reached out a hand to grasp my arm probably in case I were to fall. Once I felt able to stand without support I let go of the bed. He retained a hold on my arm.

"Thank you but I think I can stand on my own now." My words came out breathlessly due to the electric charge that raced up my arm at his touch.

As if he knew how I was feeling inside, he smirked.

I shook his hand off my arm. Insufferable, arrogant man! How could I ever be attracted to someone so..so..grrr! Words failed me!

"Please step out into the hall while I change my clothes." I stated primly.

"Darling, you do not have anything I have not seen before. Many, many times." His voice had deepened and was so sexy that I could only stare at him for a moment before it dawned on me what he had said.

"Out! Now!" I stated furiously. Just because he has seen me unclothed before and knows what I look like does not mean that I am going to give a free peep show to someone who is a virtual stranger to me!

Johnathan just chuckled and walked towards the door. "I will be waiting right outside your door. Call me if you need me. I mean it." He opened the door and walked out leaving me to seethe in my fury.

I stripped off the hospital gown and opened the bag. The only things available for me to wear were a white lacy bra with matching panty, a white halter top dress that stopped a couple of inches above my knees and a pair of white strappy sandals. They were all beautiful but a bit of an odd choice of attire to leave the hospital in. That was, until I remembered where he was taking me when we left here. The Justice of the Peace!

I immediately felt a sense of panic wash over me. Did I really agree to become this stranger's bride? I know he said that we had a relationship but I just have this feeling that he is hiding something from me. Something vastly important! It is nothing that I can pinpoint- just a gut feeling or intuition.

Maybe I could try talking him into giving me some time in which to adjust to everything. Maybe by then I would remember what it is that is bothering me so much about our relationship and can make a more informed choice about whether I want to marry him or not. It's worth a shot anyway!

The clothes fit me perfectly. The feel of the silk dress on my skin was so sensual that I immediately loved it! I decided not to put the sandals on until I was ready to leave and slipped on the slippers that I had left near my bed earlier.

I had found a smaller bag with my initials lying amongst my clothing in the overnight bag and opened it to reveal a hairbrush and an assortment of cosmetics. I took it to the bathroom and brushed my light brown hair until it was falling in silky waves down to the middle of my back. I applied a light foundation, green eyeliner and shadow to bring out my hazel eyes, a light dusting of blush to give my cheeks a healthy glow followed by a dusting of powder and then some clear lipgloss after I had brushed my teeth. I grabbed one of the perfumes in the bag and spritzed some into the air and stepped into the fragrance.

I walked out of the bathroom knowing that I looked absolutely fantastic! I had already had a shower earlier and was so glad because I would have had to take precious time to do it now. I didn't want anything slowing me down from going to meet my baby daughter for the very first time!

I had just slipped my sandals on when there was a brief tap on the door followed by Johnathan walking into the room.

He had been about to say something but when he noticed me he just stared at me for a moment. "You look absolutely stunning." His deep baritone voice was so husky and sensual that it caused ripples of desire to shoot throughout my body.

"Thank you." My voice was just as husky as his and his eyes took on a lustful gleam that I knew meant trouble before he strode over to me quickly and pulled me into his arms for the most passionate kiss I can ever remember having experienced in my entire life! The months I cannot remember do not count because I cannot compare those to this but everything before this man coming into my life pales into insignificance!

Our mouths melded together as though they had been made for each other, our bodies straining towards each other and our moans of ecstasy swallowed by the other. It felt like my body was on fire and nothing short of his possession could ease the ache that was filling every part of me.

When he eventually pulled away I was shaking from the emotions that were running throughout my body and knew that there was no way in the world this man was going to let me go. I do not know exactly how I knew. I just did. The question I really needed an answer to but none was forthcoming is... Did I really want him to let me go? Answer: Hell no.

The nurse who had discharged me came to the room to see if I was ready to be wheeled down to Johnathan's car. She brought the wheelchair over to me when Johnathan informed her we were ready to go. I sat down with some assistance from Johnathan. He had my overnight bag in his right hand and my purse in his left. My papers were sitting on my lap. I would read those later on tonight when I have a few minutes to spare.

I was taken down to the lobby and out to the limo that awaited us outside the hospital's automatic doors. The driver opened the back door for us and we got into the car.

I was now on my way to get married to the silent stranger sitting beside me. As to what awaits me afterwards? I have no idea but I will deal with whatever may come my way.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

COPYRIGHT

I promise this story will start picking up pace by the next chapter or two. I just wanted to get the medical stuff out of the way so I can get to all the good stuff!

Thank you in advance for comments, fanning and/or votes. Let me know what you think because I honestly value your opinions! Have a wonderful day! ;P

CYNKAT1777