[Chapter 11]: The truth

Start from the beginning

"You seem to be panicking a bit." Tsukauchi continued. "Do you not believe me when I say we have no plans to threaten or hurt you?"

Your teeth pressed together. The interactions were growing more and more frustrating.

I'm getting soft.

Thoughts of your interactions with Aizawa flashed through your head; the jokes you had shared with the detective. Though the exchanges were clearly tense, were they hostile?

These people are my enemies. I can't forget.

You shifted slightly in the cold metal seat. Unlike the first time, you were not as tightly bound. Nothing kept you against the seat, and your hands were handcuffed in front of you this time. There were no guards present in the room.

"(Y/n)?" Tsukauchi called out. "Are you going to answer?"

"Are you changing your one question to that?" You sneered.

I could get over this table in two to three seconds...

"The same question still remains. I just thought we could have a discussion on your reluctancy to answer such a simple question." He responded.

If I could knock his gun away and get my arms around his neck-

A flash overtook your mind. You felt the familiar strain of Aizawa's capture tool around your chest. Tsukauchi was adding something to his already boring sentiment, but you didn't hear. Your quirk had reminded you of the futility of your situation.

Damnit...

The tension returned to your brow. Your head ached.

I should have known. If only that bastard Eraserhead wasn't here...

"Did you hear me (y/n)?" Tsukauchi questioned.

"Enough!" You growled. The detective quickly grew quiet. Aizawa shifted uncomfortably against the wall, the tension of his brow matching yours. "I'll answer your damn questions. First of all, I don't trust you, or anyone here. When you realize you won't get anything out of me, you'll resort to more desperate methods. So, I'd prefer it if you would stop humoring me with your lies."

The room was silent for a few seconds. Tsukauchi gathered his papers and straightened them against the table. Your gaze fell to your hands.

"Let's take a break." He said. He got up and turned towards the door.

"Wait." You pleaded. Tsukauchi did wait. He turned slowly back towards you. "What are you going to do with what I tell you?"

"We'll work on organizing a better system that protects kids from trafficking."

You sighed, eyes remaining locked on hands. They intertwined with each other and your grip became tense.

"Sit. It won't take long." You insisted. The detective complied and took his seat once more.

"Don't push yourself." Tsukauchi said, placing his papers back down.

"It was a long time ago, I hardly remember the details." You didn't look up. "I wasn't picked up in a sketchy car or anything. It happened at some sort of work event that my parents had taken me to. My parents were pretty good about not leaving me alone, but one of their work friends offered to watch me for a few minutes when someone important approached them to network."

"Someone important?" Tsukauchi raised an eyebrow.

"A server came over and immediately brought them all drinks. The figure had a suit on and a certain presence about them. It's only how I interpreted it as a kid, so I'm not positive."

"And is there a reason they took you to this work event?" Tsukauchi asked while jotting down a few notes.

"My parents told me the sitter got sick at the last minute, and they needed to go to this event no matter what, so they brought me along." You answered.

"You have a pretty sharp memory. It's impressive."

"Trauma has a way of staying pretty fresh." You jeered. He didn't laugh.

"Would you be interested in counseling after you're transferred?" Tsukauchi asked, completely serious.

"Nah, trauma has given me a good sense of humor." You joked. "Anyways, this bitch of a friend took me off to the side while my parents spoke to this person. The friend didn't talk to me, they didn't even look at me. But they were holding my hand. And then-" Your voice caught in your throat. As much as you pretended you could brush everything off, when brought up in discussion, such things still held power over you. "My quirk activated. I felt terror throughout my body and the sensation of being grabbed. So naturally, I ripped away from them and ran back towards my parents. It was the first time I had felt that level of dread..."

Shit, I'm rambling...

Since the start of the conversation, your tone had been gradually changing against your will. It was beginning to shake.

"But when I called out to my parents, they didn't answer me. Actually, no one at the party seemed to notice. It was strange. But the next thing I knew, there was something over my eyes and hands on me. The next part is fuzzy, but I ended up in a cell..." The words stopped flowing. You swallowed, and slowly loosened the death grip between your two hands. Tsukauchi was writing silently. Your heartbeat rang in your ears. "That's it. Can I go back to my cell now?"

"Oh, yeah..." He answered hesitantly. Tsukauchi had a solemn look in his eyes. You remained silent as he wrote down a few more notes. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm just... tired..."

Tsukauchi clicked his pen and stacked his papers once more.

"I'm sure you are." He looked behind him and sent some kind of a signal to the window. "Eraserhead will escort you back to your cell."

"...I beg your pardon?" You groaned. "Can't it literally be ANYONE else?"

"Can you at least try not to hurt my feelings so late in the night?" Aizawa yawned, voice as unenthusiastic as usual. "I'm sensitive." He had stepped into the room so silently you almost didn't notice. You sighed, tired, and ready to be done with this godforsaken room.

"I thought it would ease your mind a bit to interact with someone you know." Tsukauchi said completely innocently

"Whatever, I don't care anymore..." You scoffed, getting up from your seat. "I just need to sleep."

- - -

Aizawa walked quietly behind you. The hallway was almost peaceful and moonlight streamed through the few windows present. If anything, you were just happy to be done with answering questions.

"Is your shoulder okay?" Aizawa asked.

"I was enjoying the silence. I'd rather keep it that way." You growled, brow furrowed in annoyment.

"Just answer me. The medic checked you out earlier too, right?"

"What's your deal?!" You stomped, stopping in place. Aizawa halted as well, his hands still in his pockets. He wasn't startled. He wasn't feeling threatened. And you couldn't blame him. Every vision that flashed through your mind showed the same result. You couldn't get away. In this situation, you couldn't beat Eraserhead. It frustrated you. It made your blood boil. You whipped around and glared at him. "Why do you give a shit?!"

Aizawa remained unfazed by your escalation in tone. His eyes met yours before he opened his mouth once more.

"Do you want to know the truth?"