[Chapter 3]: Your side

Thank you everyone for sending me  covers! I will most likely be rotating them out, I like so many of them.
First cover belongs to saltyysugarr! Beautiful job!

- - -

"Good job Eraserhead." The head officer acknowledged.

"Why? I didn't even get anything useful." He plainly retorted.

"No," Another voice called out. "You managed to get something at least."

Aizawa turned his attention toward the man who now stood in the doorway.

"Oh, Tsukauchi. What are you doing here?"

"I'll be taking over her case." He smiled at the hero, waving the folder in his hand.

"Have you found anything so far?" One of the officers questioned.

"Hmm, not much." Tsukauchi sighed. "We've got her first name thanks to you Eraser, but conducting a search with just that will be near impossible. We confiscated the data she stole, which could tell us something about motives, but it was just shipment log dates for automobile parts."

"Well, what other data has she stolen?" Aizawa asked.

"We don't know that either. She leaves absolutely no trace that she even accessed the systems." Tsukauchi said. "She must make a copy of data instead of directly transferring it. The hard drive we recovered from her supports that."

"We'll get her to talk eventually!" An officer insisted. Aizawa quietly scoffed at the optimism and glanced back into the interrogation room.

"No, you won't."

"What makes you say that Eraser?" The officer muttered, clearly a hit peeved from being shut down so quickly.

"The first thing she said to me was to kill her, and she was serious. You can't make somebody like that talk so easily." Aizawa answered.

"So what would you suggest instead?"

"I don't know."

"You're no help..." He groaned.

"What else can you tell us about your connection with this woman?" Tsukauchi asked.

Aizawa leaned back against the wall and crossed his arms. The room became silent.

"You know about underground human trafficking, right Tsukauchi?" He solemnly asked.

"I have." The detective bitterly responded. "They've been able to avoid detection due to constantly moving and the use of sensory distortion quirks."

"I met her a long time ago during my third-year internship at UA." Aizawa continued. "I was used as bait since I was young, purposefully getting captured and sneaking into the ring with a discrete tracker. It was a dangerous mission. They were reluctant to send me since I was still a student, but I had my provisional license and a decent amount of experience. And it was urgent. Information had suddenly come up about one of their pick up locations. While I was there, (Y/n) was one of the people I met."

"She was a trafficker?!" One of the officers gasped.

"No." Aizawa quickly corrected. "She was... one of the trafficking victims."

-10 years prior-

"QUIET DOWN!" The large man commanded. "Your damn crying is obnoxious!"

The group of children flinched at the intensity in his voice, huddling together in an attempt to hide their faces.

Aizawa's heart tightened at the scene. But despite how painful it was to see, he had to stay quiet. He couldn't risk blowing his cover. He had to turn away. Time was of the essence.