Tearing Me Apart

Hands were on me, pulling me away from her.

I was screaming outloud. My own voice was deafening my own ears.

The hands would not let me go; they continued to drag me away. Why were they pulling me away when, for once, I didn't want to have to pull myself away?

Cops dragged me away in order for the medics to get to her limp, lifeless body.

I finally stop resisting. One policie officer tried to talk to me. He looked me in the eyes, but I could barely see him; nonetheless, hear what the hell he was even saying. All i could do was blubber, sit and blubber.

Tears streaming down my face as my heart was being torn to pieces. 

Before I knew it, I was screaming at the medics to save her. That they HAD to save her. They must save her. NOW. I screamed at the top of my lungs. The medics payed me no attention and continued to work fast, but to me, not fast enough!

I was going insane, losing my mind. My world was blurrying and I felt like I was the one losing blood. All the blood instead of flowing through my body was rushing to my head suddenly. I felt light headed and a pounding was hitting me hard in the temples.

I suddenly fell to the floor on my knees. A hand reached down to my shoulder to pick me up again. Another featurless face inches away from mine, mouth moving but sound was distant and fleeting.

I grabbed my head with my hands and squeezed my eyes closed real tight and moaned with agony.

How did I let this happen? To her... the only one I have ever loved ...