I ignored my mom that evening, after Wilmer left & when Dad dropped my brothers off, I watched him & Mom, closely. Mom was nice to Dad & even teased him about the jacket he was wearing, since it was June & most people wouldn't wear a jacket because it was so warm. Dad always wore a jacket in warm weather & never seemed to be too hot.

That night I was talking to Karleigh on the phone, when Mom knocked on my door. I ended my call with Karleigh just as Mom came in & said goodnight. I nodded, in response & she sighed. "Okay. I'll bite. What's on your mind? Why are you so angry with me?" Mom asked, crossing her arms.

 What's on your mind? Why are you so angry with me?" Mom asked, crossing her arms

I looked up at her, my brow furrowed & I had a feeling she knew why I was pissed. I sat up on my bed, then sighed, staring down at my magazine, that I had been reading when Karleigh called. "What exactly is going on with you & Wilmer?" I asked, then looked up when I heard Mom chuckle.

"We're friends. We've been friends for almost three decades, so what exactly do you think is going on?"

"You were swimming & flirting. He kissed you."

Mom rolled her eyes as she walked closer to my bed. "I have swam with him many, many times & he kissed my cheek & my forehead. That's hardly something going on."

"I don't think I've ever seen him kiss your cheek or your forehead before."

"He has before."

"Since you've been married?"

Mom nodded, her lips turning down a little, as she glanced away, then looked back at me. "Yea, he has. He kissed my forehead the day I got married & I'm sure there are many other times, but I can't recall specific dates. He is one of my best friends, Mercy. He's been there for me, through some really tough times, in my life."

"Dad thinks you're together."

"What do you mean?" She asked, sitting on the edge of my bed, acting as though she was trying not to seem interested.

I shrugged my shoulders, then closed the magazine & tossed it on the floor beside my bed. "Dad saw something or heard something & now he's convinced that you & Wilmer are either back together or will be soon."

Mom seemed intrigued by this news, which wasn't how I thought she would react. I thought she would be mad or laugh at what I said, but she looked like she was giving it some deep thought. Suddenly, she looked at me, her eyebrows together. "Is he gonna move on now?"

"He swears he's not going to move on, Mom. Why do you want him to move on so badly? You just got divorced."

I seemed to make Mom uncomfortable, because she looked down at her hands, then shrugged one shoulder. "I don't want your dad to miss out on some amazing relationship, with someone else, because he is hung up on me."

"Mom!" I snapped at her, making her look up at me. "Do you want Dad to move on? Be honest."

"Why would you ask me that?"