Chapter 68

Rose stared at the mark

Rose stared at the mark.  Draco was still afraid of her reaction, but then she surprised him. Rose hugged him. Draco hesitantly hugged her back. He pulled away and looked at her confused.

"Why aren't you angry?" Draco asked Rose. "I had my suspicions, but everything finally added up when I met with someone today in Hogsmeade," Rose answered him. Draco stared at her trying to see if she was just hiding her true feelings, but there was nothing. Only a look of understanding.

"Who did you meet with?" Draco asked Rose as the two went to sit on an abandoned couch. "Your Mother," Rose answered and Draco looked at her in shock. "You're joking?" Draco said, but it came out as a question as he stared at her.

"No, I am not," She shook her head as she answered him, "Don't worry she didn't say in words what you are, but I needed to see for myself to believe," Rose said and Draco nodded. "Are you going to tell anyone?" He asked. He looked concerned and tired from the looks of the dark circles beneath his eyes.

"No, I won't," Rose answered as she looked at him. "Do you know what I am supposed to do?" Draco asked he was afraid that his mother told her, and that would make her angry at him. 'No, and I don't want to know. But whatever you must do,  be careful because He can easily kill you," Rose said. It is true, she doesn't know what he is supposed to do, but she knows if he doesn't do it he might get killed by Voldemort.

"Come on. You need sleep and you can't miss any more classes or not do your homework," Rose said as she stood up and pulled Draco up with her. They walked towards the door. When they closed the door behind them, it disappeared.

They walked down the corridor and when they came to the stairs that led to the Gryffindor Common room, Rose turned to look at Draco. 

"Go straight to your common room. I'll see you in the morning," Rose said and Draco nodded. He stepped towards her and kissed her forehead. "See you tomorrow," He mumbled before he headed down the stairs. Rose watched as he disappeared down the stairs before she entered the common room.

Over the next few days, Draco and Rose would meet in the Room of Requirements. Rose would force him the do his homework and get caught up on all the work he missed while she would try and mend the cupboard, the reason why is still unknown to her.

Katie Bell was transferred to St Mungo's Hospital, where she was being taken care of. Harry, Ron and Hermione still hasn't talked to Rose yet, but sometimes she can feel them looking at her when she is in the common room.

Harry still had his meeting with Dumbledore and Rose would hear them talking about it. They weren't really secretive about it. Rose had been attending Slughorn's dinner parties. They weren't all that interesting to her as she had hoped, but the was seeing forward to the Christmas party.

The days continued on and Rose went to her classes and after dinner, she would meet up with Draco. Snape gave them notes that they could use if they are caught out of bed after hours. The note just says that Rose is helping Draco study.

The first Quidditch match of the season was approaching and it was Gryffindor versus Slytherin, but Draco told Rose that he wasn't going to attend it. The two decided to go to the Room of Requirements on Saturday, the day of the match.

Saturday came and Rose got dressed. She wore a long-sleeved white shirt, with a pair of jeans. For shoes, she wore a pair of brown boots, her hair was hanging loosely over her shoulders.

Rose went to the Great Hall for breakfast. The students were talking excitedly about the match and who they think would win. Rose ate her breakfast silently, looking around the Great Hall for Draco, but she didn't see him.

Ron and Harry sat a few seats away from her. Hermione was standing next to them. Rose watched as Hermione glared at Harry. He probably did something, Rose thought as she watched Hermione walk away.

+After the Match+

"Did either of you see Rose?" Harry asked as the three of them made their way towards the Gryffindor Common Room where the party was being held.

"No, she didn't attend the match," Hermione answered and Harry nodded. When they entered the common room they saw that the party was in full swing. Harry spotted Rose leaning against the wall by the stairs.

Rose stood against the wall near the stairs in the common room. The party was a little loud, but she supposes that the team is celebrating so it doesn't really matter. Rose looked around and saw Harry staring at her from across the room.

Rose rolled her eyes and looked away. She walked up the stairs, towards her dorm room, not in the mood for the party anymore. She sat on her bed, with Padfoot curled up next to her and she wrote a letter to Draco.

Today was fun. Hope we can do something like that again - Rose

She smiled as she set the letter in the box and pushed the box under her bed. It was nearing midnight when the dorm room door opened. Rose looked up from the book she was reading and saw Hermione entering. Her eyes were red as if she had been crying.

"Are you all right?" Rose spoke up, which seemed to surprised Hermione because she jumped and turned to look towards Rose. "I'm fine," Hermione said and disappeared into the bathroom.

Rose waited for Hermione to come back out, but when she did she walked straight towards her bed. "Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Rose asked her, but Hermione ignored her and pulled the curtains around her bed closed.

Rose sighed and blew out the candle by her bed and she laid down to sleep. She could hear soft sobs coming from Hermione's bed.