Yellow Spikey Fruit

Requested by ASiriusActOfCrime
Enjoy
*************************************
"Sidney!" Lady Felicia called. "I need a Pineapple."

"A what Apple?" I asked.

"What on earth do you need a pineapple for?"

"It's what the professionals use."

Lady Felicia then left, I walked over to Mrs McCarthy.

"What's a Pineapple?" I asked.

Mrs McCarthy sighed, shaking her head. "It's just this yellow fruit with a green top, similar to a carrot." She explained.

"Gotcha." I said, still unsure.

I didn't want to ask her for more description, as she went back to cutting the leaflets. I took the chance of slipping out, before Mrs M was to change her mind and ask me to help. Taking a stroll down to the town square of Kembleford, the market wasn't on. I wasn't surprised though, they were all probably getting ready for the show that was on tonight.

That didn't bother me though, as I kept the words of description in my head. I first thought about a yellow apple with the funny green top of a carrot, but it seemed to silly to even exist. Taking a left into the fruit and vegetable store, I normally would not come on here. Greens, spinach, broccoli and all things that make you grow. I remembered such horrible memories of Mrs McCarthy trying to get me to eat them, though I would always slip them into my pockets, so I could return them to their homes. Mrs M never found the patch of uneaten vegetables but I didn't want to imagine if she did.

"Afternoon Pete." I greeted the shop owner.

"Afternoon Sid, excited for the show tonight?"

"Oh heavens no, might just spend my night at the red lion." I replied.

"Lucky you, I have to go. My wife's organised a small dance with my daughter and her friends." Pete complained.

"The joys of being married." I joked back, picking up a carrot to see the green end. "Say, do you have an strange apples?"

"Strange apples? Oh you mean pineapples?" Pete corrected.

I nodded, Pete went round to the back of the store. I stayed put, getting an apple I held the carrot behind it. Trying to make it look like this so called pineapple. Pete came back telling me that they didn't have any, but would have to put an expensive order through if they wanted some. I said don't worry, after telling him that I needed it now. He suggested that I should probably try the gardeners shop, at the end of the street. Waving goodbye I headed to the gardeners shop.

"Pineapples, pineapples, pineapples." I repeated. "Wonder if the father knows what they are?"

I made my way to the shop, to head inside. There was an man before me, holding a bag of green things. Talking to the young woman behind the counter, I gave her a friendly smile, before looking at the flowers. Waiting for the man to hurrying up, it didn't look like he was going to.

"I want a word with the manager!" Demanded the man.

"Well she's out at the moment." Replied the cashier.