The new Inspector

"Yes and it's been 3 years now." Inspector Mallory said.

Each series is equivalent to a year, and yes I know series 6 says 1953 but this is an AU so it isn't. Since it's set in the 1950s, Series 1 is in 1950, series 2 is in 1951, and so on which then means Series 6 is in 1955.

"And they are getting rid of you?" I asked. Hoping it wasn't true.

"No not yet...not yet," He replied. "But today they are seeing who will be taking my place."

"Oh?"

"Three years ago when Sullivan left, the job was open and you were given some kind of test. That was to be completed in a certain amount of time, and I'm curious to see if it's the same test." Mallory explained.

"What test Sherlock?" I asked.

"Well it's...oh no." He replied, as he stopped me from walking any further.

At first I was confused on what he was talking about but then he pointed today's the entrance of the station. You wouldn't guess on who it was, them as well as Ironside.

"Oh great what's he doing here?" I questioned.

"Don't you remember that episode?" Inspector Mallory reminded.

"Oh...I forgot."

I stayed out of view of the producers of Father Brown, if they knew I was here they would ban me from the Cotswold forever. Still couldn't believe that Ironside was still going to try and get the job, even though Scotland Yard took him back. Ironside was talking with them before they went different ways, while the producers went inside the station the wanna be Inspector was walking right.

"Come on" I indicated. "Let's catch him up."

"Oh no, there is no way I'm going to talk with him." Inspector Mallory disagreed.

"I know he's more harsh than you but if you want your job then we mustn't let him pass the test." I pointed.

I walked off in the direction of Ironside, not really hearing on what Mallory had to say. Walking in and out of houses, past the high street and into the grassy meadow of open space. We soon found Ironside who was crouching down to examine something.

"Just you wait, I haven't told you about the test." Inspector Mallory said.

"Go on" I said.

"Well as you and I both know that the role of the inspector means you never solve the murder know matter how stupid you look. So the aim of the game is, don't solve the murder if you solve it you get no job." Mallory explained.

"But if you don't solve it you get the job." I said to understand it a bit better.

"Exactly."

So even when I wanted Ironside to not solve the murder that was going to backfire, then maybe we should help him solve it.

"Come on" I indicated again.

Dragging the inspector who had been in the show for a number of years just to meet the new inspector wasn't going to go so well.

"Is it murder then Sherlock?" I asked.

Mallory knew I was playing that game, so he just went along with it.

"I think so Einstein." He replied.

"Oh clear off." Mumbled Ironside.

As soon as he got up to see us he wasn't happy.

"You!" He pointed. "Figured you would be here, well guess what? The job is mine."

"That's what they all say." Mallory said.

Really after all this time there is still friction? Well I guess there would be as one is a job stealer who is much harsher than the other one who just wants to keep his job even though he's not allowed to.

"And like I said before clear off." Ironside grumbled, as he went back to the test.

"He certainly does determination, I'll give you that." I sarcastically said.

"And that's we should leave him."

"Fine" I lied.

I decided to walk back to the presbytery to see if I could find Toothless. To go for a walk around Kembleford, and well you know not to run into Ironside.

A few minutes later

Next thing was I couldn't move, being back up against a wall I felt slightly scared of Ironside. Welp I guess that's what you get for bothering someone.

"Now are you going to go away or do I have to do it myself?" Ironside asked.

"I-I'll..." I tried to say but I was voiceless.

"I'll ask you again." He said.

"And I'll tell you to leave her alone!" Mallory cut in.

"Sherlock" I squeaked.

"Step away from her Ironside" inspector Mallory warned.

"And why should I?"

"Because you won't get the job"

He knew Mallory was right do he backed off, and I ran straight to Mallory.

"But if I ever see you again there will be consequences." Ironside threaten.

The two of use waited, for the him to walk off. I could see I was in big trouble but for what?

"I was just trying to stop him from getting your job" I said.

"Yes but you can't stop it, if they want me out then I will have to leave?"

But that wasn't the fair part, Inspector Mallory was the best inspector there (in my opinion), he was funny and had that nickname for Father Brown. Yeah I guess he wasn't good as Sullivan but Mallory had down many things that the other two inspectors had done. It is a shame to see him go but we just have to remember not all great stars stay forever in a show...