Chapter 4 •Mels POV•

Chapter 4 Meeting The Genies 2nd Master
•Mel's POV•

*2 Months Later*

  There once was a time, not so long ago, that I lived and breathed for the BDSM club I worked at part time called Sinful Delight. Counting down each day of the month between opening night religiously on all of my calendars. Planning my next costume or outfit weeks in advance. Giddy like a school girl with her first crush each time I was requested for a special meeting with a client in between waiting.

  Now a days I loathed the first Saturday of the month. I didn't really give a shit about the place anymore. I didn't dress up in sexy outfits. I didn't bother fixing my hair, or wearing any makeup.

  I tried my best to go completely unnoticed while I was there. Adamantly refusing all special requests for my company. Going so far as to screen my calls, so I wouldn't accidentally answer Sherry. The new Gem in charge of The Glory Hole.

  I'd already been planning of ways to avoid going to the annual Halloween Costume Party altogether this year. Laying her ground work for the mysterious illness that would be causing havoc to my body that night always two weeks in advance. Well, as best as I could seeing as I still refused to talk to anyone.

  For the first week everything was going according to my plan, and right on schedule. Until the week of the party. When two different things happened simultaneously ensuring I would show up.

  First, Monday afternoon Drake called me at my work. It was a sneaky, but effective, way to ensure I answered his call. Completely catching me off guard when I recognized his voice on the other end of the line as well.

  Before I could hang up though, Drake threw out the one word he knew I would do anything for, Abbie. Thankfully he didn't ask me for much. Feeding me a well rehearsed tale of bullshit about making this Halloween Costume Party special for her. Like a do-over of the first time they saw each other at this same party last year, so of course I said yes.

  The second thing to happen that week came later Wednesday night. When I got to the apartment that night from work there was a note waiting on me from Abbie. Telling me she had to stay late at school to study, and not to wait up. So I was baffled when a knock came at the door some time later.

  Since I was the only one at home I unfortunately had to open the door. Getting up from my comfortable spot on the couch I made my way across the room. Only for my confusion to grow when I noticed it was a delivery guy standing outside. Holding a rather large box under his arm looking board.

  "Mel Blu?" He asked me mid-smack of his gum before I could even speak.

  "Yea." I say giving him the same amount of disinterest.

  "Here ya go, Lady." The guy finishes handing me the box before turning around getting ready to leave.

  "WAIT! Who sent this?" My question stopping him quickly.

  The delivery guy just looks over his shoulder and shrugs. "Private sender. I don't have any other details than that. Sorry." Then he turns back around and bounces his way down the steps. Going to the mountain bike and unlocking it from the lamp post along the sidewalk. Getting on then giving me a small wave before disappearing down the street.