"You can sense that?" Alice placed a hand over her own chest without breaking eye contact with the fairy.

"Of course I can. Spriggans are living trees, which is part of nature. Most of the spriggans have Fairies that live inside them." Lillian motioned to a spriggan who's chest opened up like fingers unclasping from each other. A fairy ended up shrinking down to a very small size and flying inside it's chest before the ribs closed back up again and the spriggan waved to its friends before taking it's leave, walking deeper into the garden.

"Is it common place to do that?" Alice asked.

"In the case of the garden yes. We all live here together in harmony, so we make friends very easily. If a fairy resides inside a spriggan, that spriggan has much more magical power and can repair damage much faster. At the same time, that fairy gets a mobile home that will protect them with their lives. Fairies don't do so well in combat situations after all. We're more suited to support anyway."

"Do you have a partner?" The vampire asked.

Lillian shrugged. "I mostly maintain order around the garden. I've been thinking about leaving and going on an adventure, but none of the spriggans would ever come with me. Why would we leave the garden where we're safe, have plenty of food, and anything we could ever want. We literally tend to Venus's roots. There's no greater honor for us."

"But you want more out of life?"

"I wouldn't say out of life, but I think it would be a good experience."

"What does picking a partner entail?"

"It's much less permanent than when you partner with a shade." The fairy smiled softly. "The spriggan can kick the fairy out at any time."

"But why would they?"

"Maybe they have a disagreement or just don't get along as well as they did."

"You make it sound like it's picking a lover."

"It has the same concept, but without all the drama." Lillian smiled. "It's hard to have any kind of physical relationship between a spriggan and a fairy, even when we take on our larger human forms. Spriggans don't exactly have reproductive organs for that sort of thing."

"I suppose that makes sense."

"Though it is interesting that you have part of a spriggan in your body. Is it an actual spriggan?"

"I don't know." The vampire shrugged. "Peredite just implanted it in me so that Venus could control me if she ever needed to. They say they've disconnected it from Venus to give me my freedom, but I wouldn't be surprised if they only told me that do see how I would react."

"You have such little faith in them." Lillian smirked.

"Like I said, I am a murderer."

"Would you like to find out if it's sentient?"

"I doubt they would stick a sentient spriggan in my body. It would be surrendering it's entire life to be used by me, and I live forever."

"But you said you didn't know for sure?"

"I don't hear it speak to me, and it doesn't exactly do anything."

"I can find out, and you don't have to do anything."

"Are you going to live in my ribcage?"

Lillian laughed. "Only if you ask nicely." She then took Alice's arm, and pulled her hand out so she was holding her palm up. She then held her own palm over Alice's, and wiggled her fingers a bit like she was using some sort of magic. She waited a moment, but nothing happened. "Well, it doesn't grow when I tell it to, so it might be."