Chapter 12

When Veronica and Alison sat down at a table with food, Kira was content with a simple smoothie. She said she hadn't had Vanilla in a long time, and it reminded her of the taste of the wolf's blood.

Alison wasn't entirely sure that was a compliment, but the vampire was perfectly happy to be sipping on the drink while Alison and the mage talked about what they would do next.

Veronica and Alison were seated across from each other in the booth with Kira on the end, once again sitting in the chair backwards, but still facing the girls.

"I don't know if she'd enjoy bowling." Alison admitted.

"It can't hurt to try it." Veronica shrugged.

"Having a vampire throw a heavy ass ball down a row to try and knock things over doesn't really sound like a safe idea."

"Oh come on. It can't be that bad. She has control of her strength right?" Veronica looked over to Kira who seemed to be concentrating very hard on drinking her smoothie before blinking and looking at the mage who was clearly waiting for her response.

"I have to agree with Alison." She finally said. "While technically speaking Alison has more strength than I do, she's also much more skilled in controlling it than I am. I don't think I'd have the ability to toss the ball without putting it through the floor, wall, or making it more than a few feet down the isle."

"Oh come on, have more faith in yourself." Veronica waved her off like the very thought was impossible.

"I'm grateful that you have so much faith in me, but unfortunately I know that something would go wrong." Kira confessed with a guilty smile. "I can be very gentle, or very strong. There is no in the middle with me."

"Practice makes perfect." Veronica added.

"Yes, but her throwing giant concrete balls in public isn't a safe way to practice." Alison rolled her eyes. "No bowling."

"You're no fun." Veronica sighed, leaning her head on her hand in thought, stuffing her face with another bite of her burger.

"If the two of you want to go bowling, I don't have to participate."

"Of course you have to participate." Veronica scoffed. "Alison and I hang out so much we just sit at her house or mine and do nothing. You're travelling from abroad, so it's only fair we show you everything we can."

"I mean, technically speaking I can experience things through Alison." Kira noted, motioning to her girlfriend.

"How?" Alison questioned.

"Well, we linked in the past, so our minds are connected." Kira explained. "Since it's been a while since we used it, it might be a bit dull, but the more we use it the clearer it becomes. My sister and I were born with ours, and since we use it every second of every day, its strong enough to allow us to transfer our consciousnesses through each other."

"Wait... Aviri can just talk though you?" Alison raised an eyebrow.

"But she's in another dimension right now isn't she?" Veronica stared in awe.

"Using Aviri's companion Peredite, we're able to bounce the 'signal' through a pocket dimension, allowing us to remain connected. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to be in this world at all."

"What? Why?"

Kira moved her glass and reached over, taking Alison's hand where she laced their fingers together. "Aviri and I are basically like this. Our minds and souls are wrapped tightly around each other, locking our thoughts together since we're literally one half of the same being." She raised her other hand and placed it like a knife over their intertwined fingers. "If I pushed down with everything I had, that would undoubtedly cause us both incredible pain. The concept is the same for Aviri and I."