Chapter 34

Alison flinched at Sarah's magic. Her circle of teleportation was large enough to cover the clearing and bring everyone with her. They appeared standing just before castle Nightshade's gate, getting everyone from the human world to stare up at it in shock.

The front door was more the size of a large double gateway. It was probably large enough to allow dragons to enter in their true forms, and that was likely the purpose of it's size, as it stood eight or nine feet tall.

"I've never been this close to it." Alison noted. "It's a lot bigger than I thought."

"The halls change depending on what's needed at the time. It has to be big, to support all the magic." Kira explained with a smile.

"I can already smell Zia." Alice growled, her eyes still wild and angry from her fight.

"Are you sure we're allowed to be here?" Drake questioned.

"We're sure." Kira rolled her eyes before taking Alison's hand and pulling her closer to herself. "She's going to say things to all of us to try and make us angry. If you give in and attack her, not only do you prove her right, but she'll kill you." Kira explained to everyone. "She'll likely try and target Alice and Alison, but I can't promise she won't try with the rest of you."

"Zia doesn't scare me." Sarah scoffed, getting Veronica and Nodens who were standing closest to her to look at her in shock. "She's never once accepted my challenges. She calls me a weakling not worthy of her time, but always refuses to have a mage's duel with me. I know I have a reputation of being the only known mage with the ability to use magic against dragons. I know for certain Zia does not have this power and still she refuses to face me."

"She's scared you'll beat her and embarrass her."

"Precisely." Sarah smiled. "That, and no one would willingly challenge a Descendent of Merlin." Sarah shugged and pushed opened the double doors revealing the huge entryway.

The room itself could have been the size of a small house. There was a red carpet that split four ways. It connected the front door, then continued down the hallway under the balcony. On both sides of the room were two staircases which the carpet also lead up and onto the balcony itself. It could be seen that the balcony was a large hallway running perpendicular with the hallway that extended under the balcony. Artifacts and tapestries from all over the human world were lined up and used to decorated the red wallpaper. Wallpaper that honestly looked like it was made from shiny dragon scales. Two eight foot tall suits of armor stood before the main doorway with large battleaxes in the hand closest towards that door.

Zia and Minerva were both standing under the balcony, and when Sarah pushed into the building they turned and glared at her, then watched as the rest of them joined her, standing carefully behind her as if the mage could protect them.

"I see you've finally decided to show up." Zia scoffed.

"You weren't supposed to come. I just needed a little more time to convince her." Minerva sighed.

"As if we'd run away hiding from you." Kira retorted.

"Your words hold little weight." Alice added.

"You really think I would risk the world I live in just to make my little sister happy?" Zia growled. "You are playing with forces you do not understand, and I can't allow you to throw the entire world away just because you're in love."

"We're mated." Kira retorted. "I am destined to be with her, and killing her won't change that."

"Then I'll kill you as well, so you don't have to feel her loss." Zia answered, though when she stepped forward Sarah's magic sparked up her arms and crackled in her eyes like a lightning rod.