Chapter 29

Alison smiled softly as Kira came back over from helping a small child who had fallen and skinned her knee. She had used her magic to heal the girl's cut as she distracted her with a simple conversation before parting ways with her.

"I didn't know you were good with kids." Alison noted.

"I took care of you when you were a child." Kira answered with a smile of her own.

"I meant with all kids." The wolf rolled her eyes before taking Kira's hand and leaving the mall to head towards the park. Kira kissed the back of Alison's hand with a small blush.

"I've always like the idea of children." She explained. "I'd like to have some later."

"I don't mean to be rude, but since you're not technically alive, can you actually have a kid?"

"I can't, no." Kira sighed, looking all but defeated. "I wish I could."

"So... when we have kids, I have to carry them?" Alison raised an eyebrow.

Kira blinked, looking a bit nervous. "We can adopt if you don't want to." She explained. "Plus, I don't know if our child would be healthy."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm dead, and you're alive. So having those two sets of genes might cause health issues for the child." The vampire explained. "But we don't have to worry about it for a while."

Alison pulled Kira into the huge greenhouse watching her face light up in wonder. They made their way through a gift shop area before heading into the actual greenhouse, passing through a air-lock like room before entering the garden itself. The vampire looked around in awe at the beauty of the indoor garden. She watched the colorful birds and butterflies fly around over her head.

"So is it still not that unique?" Alison questioned as she smiled at Kira's excited face.

"It's different. The one at home is made with magic and nature fairies. This is made by human engineering." Kira explained. "So yes this is very unique for me."

Alison brought her over to a bench and the two of them sat down with Kira looking every which way at all the insects and birds moving around them. She seemed so enamoured with everything around her.

"We can come back here you know." The wolf laughed, pulling Kira's hand into her lap and looking down at their hands in thought.

Kira leaned onto Alison with a smile. "Thank you for spending the day with me."

"Of course. You're surprisingly fun to hang out with."

"That's surprising?" Kira raised an eyebrow.

"Zoe helps."

Kira's eyes turned purple and she leaned back looking excited. "So when do we get to have desert? I've been letting you guys flirt all day, I should at least get one of those milk shakes again right?"

The Werewolf laughed and nodded. "Sure Zoe. We can go to the store on the way home and we can get some chocolates for you."

"So no milkshake?"

"We'd have to go back to the mall which we just left. I'll get you the milkshake next time, for now I can take you to the store for some candy. Otherwise we can just put it off and you can get noth-"

"Chocolate sounds great!" Zoe interrupted. "Thanks!" Kira's eyes returned to silver as she rolled her eyes and leaned back against Alison.

"I wouldn't mind going to visit the lake though. It might be nice to go back to Exodious after so long." Alison admitted.