Caged in death

Slowly waking up, I looked around the room but couldn't see anything as there was only a weak table lamp in the corner of the room. The walls was a gallant grey colour which made the room seem smaller because of the dark colour. Trying to notice every detail around the room I noticed a grey piece of paper in the far end of the room. Sat down on the floor, I tryed to crawl over to the bit of paper but my leg tugged back. My eyes gazed over to my leg and I noticed that it was captured in a black metal chain which was attached to the wall. My eyes scanned the room again for something small which could hopefully pick the lock. 

The floor was charcoal black but I did notice a slightly odd grey mark in the floor which was close enough to reach. So I slowly grabbed it and soon realised it was a paper clip. Unwinding the metal clip from its original shape, I tugged on the lock so it was facing me. Then I put the paper clip into the lock and slowly turned. After about 5 minutes of trying to unlock it, I set my leg free from that metal chain. Carefully getting up from the floor I slowly make my way over to the concer of the room where that grey folded up note was. I bent down to grab the note and then I unfolded it. Seeing the grey note there was a whole pargraph addressing to myself. 

The note:

Dear Cody, 

By you reading this note I am assuming you have set yourself free from your first task. Your second task is trying to get out of this room and then you will become the new ringleader of the Lost Circus. You will get no food here in this room so you better escape before your time is up. If you do make it out alive then look after the circus and keep it in contact seen as I won't be around anymore as I finshed my four years and you are the new ringleader. Also look after the boys they do like there music a lot so if you hear any noise it's most likely to be them. I left the costume in your new office but that's only if you pass all your tasks. Good luck Cody you will need it.

Your sincerely,

Seth Newman

Crumbling the note up in anger I soon throw it at the far end of the room and lean against the wall. How am I meant to escape when this room is empty and has nothing to open the door. Realising that my phone was in my pocket I quickly got it out and tried to phone shay. "No signal please try again" as my phone says. I'm stuck in a room with no signal and could be waiting for my death. After thinking for 10 minutes I heard something so I quickly got up and walked over to the door. Whistling noises grew closer and closer as I backed away to the far end which I throw the note at I saw a blonde haired person who was hovering around the door of my cage. As I stayed in the darkness of the room the lock of the door began to turn.