⭐ Promise | T'Challa

Beware of Endgame spoilers

Is that even a thing anymore?

-

You looked at your reflection on the mirror, a soft smile cracked on your lips and you took a deep breathe before leaving your room.

Your heart was heavy with fear of rejection. You had no idea why would you be feeling that way but it had been five years. Five years of loneliness without the love of your life. You wondered if he even recognised you anymore.

You were over the moon when the news spread around the world that Thanos was defeated and everything was going to be same, perhaps even better than before.

But now you were not so sure about it.

Your heart was thumping rapidly against your chest, there was no word coming out of your mouth when your eyes landed on him. Tears welled in your eyes and your steps came to a halt.

"Y/N.."

Oh, his voice.. How you missed this man so much. T'Challa was standing in front of you, looking as handsome as ever, his smile was erasing the agony that had nested in your empty heart for so long.

"You're--- You're back.."

You said in disbelief. T'Challa nodded vigorously and you couldn't help but grinned at the king. He engulfed you in his calming hug, and you let tears of joy streamed down your face.

"I've always dreamed of this... I've always wanted to see you for these five years. I never thought it would came true."

You chuckled heartily, looking up at your boyfriend. T'Challa cupped your face softly in his hands, kissing your forehead lovingly.

"I will always come back to you, Y/N."

His meaningful words made you cry and he laughed a little at that. It warmed his heart to know that you really loved him.

"I'm here, am I not? Stop crying."

He chuckled. You glared daggers at him and punched his arm playfully. T'Challa sighed in content and he immediately knew that everything was going to be fine.

"Promise me you'll never leave me again?"

You asked with your adorable puppy eyes. T'Challa hated it when you made him promise you something, he was scared that he might break it.

"I can't promise you that because I---"

"Please, T'Challa!"

You were upset, that was for sure. A smirk was dancing on his lips when he saw you crossed your arms against your chest and pouted like a child.

"I've missed you so much."

He said, taking your attention away from the promise. You smiled sweetly and wrapped your arms around his torso.

"I've missed you too, honey. Please promise me that you'll never leave."

You almost whined, and it broke his heart to see you in that state. He nodded sincerely and kissed your knuckles. Your heart bloomed when he said:

"I promise I'll never leave."

-
I just noticed that this is my first T'Challa imagine. I hope it is good!

Thank you for reading!