⭐ Always You | Steve Rogers

"Hey, Captain!"

You greeted Steve who just walked out of his room. He smiled at you and gave you a nod.

"Hi, Y/N."

You were warm and chatty but somehow he always didn't know what he want to say to you. He always felt your eyes made his heart beats a little faster and the sound of your voice made him nervous.

"Are you going to train with those guys?"

You pointed at Natasha and Clint who already went into the training room. Steve nodded and walked towards you, his smile was never fading.

"Yes, do you want to join us?"

Steve joked. He knew you weren't the one to fight. You were a scientist, your place was in the lab with Bruce and Tony. You laughed and mouthed 'no thanks' at him, making he laughed as well.

"Yeah, let her join you and break her bones then I'll have to fix her with all her whining and crying."

Tony interrupted and you rolled your eyes at the billionaire. Tony gave you a smirk and shrugged.

"I wasn't going to join them, Stark. I have a brain and I know what I'm capable and not."

You crossed your arms against your chest and huffed. Bruce and Tony always acted like big brothers to you and they seemed to be very protective.

"Just wait until I tell Bruce that you ask Y/N to join you training, Rogers."

Tony threatened. A smirk was dancing on his lips. Steve just chuckled and shook his head at his words. You took Tony's arm and walked to the lab with him.

"Talk to you later, Steve!"

You waved at him before you chased Tony when he tried to run into the lab and tell Bruce about the training.

Steve grinned, and he didn't realize that he was standing there for how long until Clint came and patted his back.

"I know you like her."

Clint smiled. Steve was taken aback as he tried to find the right words to say. The situation got worse when Natasha walked in and interrupted.

"Y/N is an amazing woman. Not to mention, she's smart and beautiful. What else could you ask for?"

She smirked at the blushing Super Soldier. He cleared his throat and shook his head.

"I--- I don't like her that way."

Steve said. Natasha's eyes grew wide as she smirked at Steve. This man was bad at lying, he could never lied.

"Oh, really?"

She chuckled. Clint's smile turned into a smirk when he realized something.

"Perhaps you love her, Rogers."

Clint said, only making Steve more nervous than he already was.

"Better move quick, old man. She seems fond with Stark. You wouldn't want to lose your girl now, would you?"

Natasha said before walking back into the training room with Hawkeye. They were hoping that after all they said, Steve would make a move on you.

Steve blinked a few times and a smile creeped on his face. They were right. He had a feeling for Y/N. He liked her very much and he just might loved her by now.

...

"This is how I do it."

Tony solved a problem that you couldn't, making you squealed. You were very smart, of course, but you weren't a snob so you had to admit that Tony Stark was one of the smartest people you had ever met. Bruce Banner was one of them.

"Oh my god, you're amazing! Thank you for helping me."

You smiled. Tony shrugged and let his signature smirk stayed on his lips. He loved how humble you were. You were the opposite of him and that was what made him feel that he and Bruce had to protect you. He has thought you as his baby sister that he never had.

"Anything for you, Y/N."

He said. You chuckled and couldn't help but admire this great man. You didn't realize that Steve was watching you from outside the lab.

He saw how your eyes sparkles with happiness as you looked at Stark, how you always laughed at his remarks and how you admired him.

"Maybe she loves Stark?"

Steve said to himself. He wasn't going to ask you that. He sighed heavily and decided it was best for him to just back away.

...

Steve has been avoiding you for days. He just smiled when you wanted to talk to him. He didn't say anything much to you. It was obvious to everyone in the tower that Captain America was avoiding you.

"Steve, why are you avoiding me?"

You decided it was best for you to ask him. He sighed and looked everywhere but you.

"Y/N, I don't want to talk---"

"But why?"

You took his hands in yours, making he looked at you. He was nervous, and with you holding his hands wasn't helping at all.

"Y/N, I--- I can't---"

He was stuttering and you frowned. That was weird and very unusual. Steve took a deep breathe and knew that he had to tell you.

"I like you a lot, Y/N. And I think I might be in love with you."

He breathed out. Your jaw dropped and your eyes widen in surprise. Steve was in love with you? For real?

"But I know you're with Tony. I don't want to be---"

"What do you mean by I'm with Tony?"

You asked and arched your eyebrow. Steve looked at you with knowing look in his eyes. You gasped and chuckled under your breathe.

"Me and Tony? Together?"

He nodded weakly. You laughed and hit his arm playfully.

"No way! We're like siblings! How could you ever think like that?"

"So you don't love Tony?"

You shook your head and stopped laughing. You looked him in the eyes and sighed. This man was a fool for believing that you loved Tony.  You stood on your tiptoes and snaked your arms around his neck, your lips found his. He was surprised, but kissed you back after he realized that you had returned his feeling.

"It's always you, Steve. Always you."

You whispered softly, making his face flushed at your words. You heard cheers and pulled away from the Super Soldier.

"Thanks to us, you guys are together now!"

Clint cheered with Natasha. They knew so well that you and Tony were nothing more than friends, or a brother to a sister--- but they just used Tony to make Steve jealous.

"Thank you, guys."

Steve smiled.

-
thank you for reading!

please leave a vote and comments :-)