⭐ I Hate You | Stephen Strange

Tears pooled in your eyes as you saw him standing in front of you. A book that you were holding dropped from your hands, making everyone in the bookstore moved their gaze to you.

"Y/N.."

"Don't."

You stopped him, a tear rolled down your cheek. You still couldn't believe it. After years, only now he found you. Or maybe he wasn't meant to.

"It will be only for awhile. I promise you, Y/N."

Stephen cupped your face and kissed your temple softly. You tried to hold back your tears and smiled sadly at him.

"Okay, I trust you. But promise me you'll come back to me?"

Your voice cracked. The sorcerer's heart shattered when he heard you. He didn't want to lie, but he had to.

"I- I promise, Y/N."

He sealed his promise with a kiss on your lips. You buried your face into his chest and cried. Only you knew how much you loved this man, and it was hard to let him go.

"I'll be back before you know it."

He said for the last time before leaving you, for awhile like he said--- but he didn't come back for years.

And you were lied, you were hurt.

"I don't want to see you, Strange."

You spat and walked out of the bookstore. People was looking at you but you didn't care. Stephen quickly ran after you and grabbed your wrist softly, just to stop you.

"Y/N, please listen to me first!"

His voice laced with guilt but you couldn't feel anything except anger that was burning in your chest. You finally looked at him with tears streamed down your face.

"Forgive me, Y/N.."

You felt your heart broke when you saw the remorse in his eyes. But when you remembered that your heart was already broken, you shook your head.

"No, Stephen. You lied to me, you left me for years! How could I forgive you just like that?"

You cried out. Stephen reached out for you but you backed away. He winced slightly- missing the way you used to hold his hand and kissed his cheek lovingly- but now, you were different.

"I love you, doctor."

You repeated, a grin plastered on your face. Stephen chuckled and pecked your lips softly.

"I love you too, sweet Y/N."

He kissed the tip of your nose and moved to kiss your knuckles. You smiled broadly at his sweet gestures. You could've never be tired of him. He took your hand and opened a portal to a place that you've always wanted to go.

"Stephen, this is amazing!"

"Anything for you, love."

He wished he could do that now. He wanted to hold you in his arms and tell you that you were the love of his life again and again. But it was his mistake, and he was there to fix it.

You didn't say anything but you were looking into his eyes. His heart ache when he saw the tears. He quickly opened a portal to your home and he pulled you there. You were surprised because you didn't see that kind of thing for years.

When you both were at your home, he closed the portal. You crossed your arms against your chest and groaned.

"You can't do that, Stephen."

Your voice was cold. He sighed defeatedly and let go of your hand.

"Actually I can."

"I don't care and I hate you, Stephen."

Your words were like venom that killed him slowly. He shook his head in disbelief. He knew that deep inside, you still loved him.

"Y/N, please let me explain to you. I didn't mean to leave you or lie to you. I had to."

He said apologetically. You bit your lips and nodded weakly, signalling him to continue.

"Four years ago, there's a threat that could- could vanish this world. I was needed to solve it and I went. I was so afraid that the people would lose their world but I didn't realize that I was losing my world, it's you."

He stepped closer to you, a tear rolled down his cheek. You knew who he was. He needed to protect others too. It was his responsible.

"But you promised me you'll come back."

"I'm here now, Y/N."

He smiled at you. You couldn't hold back your tears as you heard his words. He was there with you, finally he could be with you again.

"There was no calls, no messages, no nothing. Why would you do that?"

You questioned. He looked you in the eyes and squeezed your shoulders slightly. You didn't push him away.

"For that I'm so sorry, Y/N. I thougt you would be safe if I didn't reach for you. I just wanted to keep you safe."

He explained. You didn't know what to do. You loved him, with all of your heart but you wondered if things were the same anymore.

"I love you, sweet Y/N."

Your heart bloomed at the nickname and a small smile formed on your lips. You couldn't deny it, you loved him.

"I love you too, doctor."

He brushed his lips with yours and you kissed him back, missing the way his lips moved in sync with yours. You pulled away and he wrapped his arms around you protectively.

"I love you so much, Y/N. I don't want to lose you again."

"Glad to hear that, Stephen."

He grinned. It was alright now.

He was there with you.